12/04 - Frosty Friday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by GreenMachine842, Dec 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. milsorgen

milsorgen New Turker

Ratings:
    +7
    I've done a few of them over the while. I always wonder if it's a mediator or researcher requesting it... but I can't imagine a mediator going to mturk *shrug* they are quite involved. Not gonna knock em, bring em on. They can be quite interesting.

2. WelcomeToFrightNight

WelcomeToFrightNight Active Turker

Ratings:
    +132
    Sometimes I give the jury ones the swerve as they can be TOO involved, even though high paying-ish, also threats of rejection in the consent form and then a further 1 or 2 times before you've even begun the damn thing, is enough for me to hit the return button with lightening speed..

3. Moridin

Moridin Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,904
    New Requester Profile!

Charles [A3B5D7OOAZGEC4] COVID-19 Pandemic and Socio-Cultural Values(~ 15 minutes) - $1.50 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $16.07 / hour
    00:05:36 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 2 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 100; Exc: [262328-261739] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) >= 99; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Location In US;

To read Charles's full profile check out TurkerView!

• Good Review! Good Review! x 1
  4. milsorgen

milsorgen New Turker

Ratings:
    +7
    I was looking at quals, since they seem different then they used to be. I've been off and on for years. In the wiki it mentioned there is a returned qual iirc, does that really affect anything? Sorry if this ? belongs in another thread/forum.

5. T Mon

T Mon Active Turker

Ratings:
    +383
    New Requester Profile!

Leah Helou [A2C3NV2MNYU2V] Personality Perception Study - Yellow Module(~ 90 minutes) - $2.00 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $2.01 / hour
    00:59:41 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    Complete at your own risk: seems like new requester (I was gambling and lost)
    Underpaid (even with bonus): Fair bit of bubble hell, very repetitive, and the questions aren't numbered so you have to go hunting if you miss one. The controls for the audio are ok. The drags on the survey responses are not.

[could probably complete the next one in under 30 (initial set up took about 10 minutes, fai... Read more

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: 4 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 100; cc55e628 DoesNotExist ; TP Panel: -509932134 N >= 100; Exc: [259685-259096] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) >= 90; CR Research Group #1 >= 100; Location In US;

To read Leah Helou's full profile check out TurkerView!

• Good Review! Good Review! x 1
  6. WelcomeToFrightNight

Ratings:
    +132
    You can ask here and someone may answer if they are feeling benevolent or bored...other than that, here is the dedicated HELP section...https://forum.turkerview.com/forums/help/ folks are generally happy to answer answer any and all Turk Quirks there.

7. turker

turker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +21,107
    goodnight

• Love Love x 4
  8. WelcomeToFrightNight

Ratings:
    +132
    Night night

• Love Love x 1
  9. T Mon

T Mon Active Turker

Ratings:
    +383
    Welp I was going to post a sad GIF related to that predictable ride^...but then I found this weirdness.
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 2
  10. WalledPillow

WalledPillow Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,634
    Man... I saw all the cons you listed and the hourly after I caught it :emoji_sweat_smile:. I might skip this one lol

• Love Love x 1
  11. T Mon

T Mon Active Turker

Ratings:
    +383
    They were really nice over email. Maybe I'll email them back tomorrow and offer some notes? [Edit: no going to happen LOL]

Good luck if you do it. Your hourly will definitely be better than mine!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.