12/28 - Mini Monday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by ChrisTurk, Dec 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. racketrye

racketrye Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +715
    just somehow got rid of the depression fatigue i have had for literal years. i didn't do anything, i just like. i've just been alive lmao.

started on the solstice and it's amazing to have energy to like clean my room and take care of myself

maybe i'm the only one here where that's legitimate research, heh

though that does remind me that i should look up substance painter or blender or maya tutorials or something, whoops

• Love Love x 4
  2. SamAnt

SamAnt Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +12,925
    We have a few things on our lists that we're watching/holding :flute:

3. gener

gener Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,568
    Hard road regardless of the state of the world and the economy. Good job.

4. racketrye

racketrye Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +715
    so "no" with extra steps, got it. /that was a joke back btw

thank you, i appreciate it!

• Love Love x 1
  5. dan

dan daelian

Ratings:
    +61,817
    Don't take advice from me because I'm dumb, but SPACs have been basically guaranteed double your money this year and literally like no downside when you buy at the NAV

• Nom Nom Nom! Nom Nom Nom! x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  6. SamAnt

Ratings:
    +12,925
    It's a long list with lots of explanation. We're good amateurs at most so take our analysis with some salt (though it's worked pretty well for us and his parents who pretty much use us exclusively). I can probably give you our run down of specific popular stocks but it would be faster if you named the company that you want info on than for me to go through the whole list. :dunno:

• Love Love x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1
  7. gener

gener Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,568
    I never invest because anytime you search for "is X safe for investment" or something of the like, it's always 80% YES! and 20% NO!. Can't trust the interwebs.

8. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    PLEASE
    LET
    ME
    LEECH
    OF
    YOUR
    BRAIN

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1
  9. SamAnt

Ratings:
    +12,925
    I would check prices in about four-six months when the housing market is most likely to really start sliding because the car sales are around the same line of retail and financial "shenanigans" :emoji_wink:

10. eyeofodin

eyeofodin Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +5,608
    The $5 Amazon credit died super quick this time. Sorry girls and boys. *noted where to post next time though. ;)

11. gener

gener Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,568
    Alright. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for sharing this and any future tips you feel like sharing.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SamAnt

Ratings:
    +12,925
    I'm not familiar with that company, is it public? :emoji_laughing:

• LOL LOL x 1
  13. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    :thispoorpolarbear:

• LOL LOL x 1
  14. gener

gener Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,568
    CT. Putting you on the spot maybe? It appears MTS v3 is officially released soon. Many of us have been testing it out. Any leaks on TV changes coming along with it? We all eagerly await new toys.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  15. gener

gener Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,568
    well... it died right out

guess it's time to wind down and chill

16. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Next 2,5 releases are way more requester focused.. mostly ala bridge attempting to automate away numerous unpaid interactions I/others have to have with them since they're insane time sinks

• Like Like x 1
  17. Slowdive

Slowdive Active Turker

Ratings:
    +1,549
    Hey that was easy. Maybe I'll buy 0.032 BTC and when it goes up to $300k I'll be a ten-thousandaire.

18. Kayashi

Kayashi Titler

Ratings:
    +14,908
    congratulations, you just created a taxable event.

• Yikes Yikes x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  19. SamAnt

Ratings:
    +12,925
    Seriously though, try paper trading first which is "investing" pretend money in a stock and tracking it to see how you do. I haven't seen any reputable websites for this, strangely enough, so I recommend a spreadsheet. When you're ready to invest actual money, most brokerages/banks/etc. offer fractional shares (portions of whole shares) so you can get stock in most companies.

Short list of companies we're holding long term:

Even though the pandemic ate into their theme park/cruise/hotel business, the vaccine news has definitely affected the stock and it basically has no where to go but up. This is also only part of their businesses. It is best to look at them as a whole which includes DIsney+ (with record subscriber growth that beat even their estimates and will have the most holding power for subscribers just based on the amount of content), various broadcasters, the movie productions, merchandising licenses (all those Star Wars/Frozen/any Disney character branded cans of soup have to pay Disney for the image), and even more but that would make this much longer. It's a well rounded business that is diversified enough that it take a LOT for it to lose money and with a decent dividend.
    AMD makes the chips for most of the consoles which are sold out. Intel has dropped the ball in their upcoming processor so AMD is already taking some of their market share with their superior architect especially in the enterprise and data center. They also have a chip refresh that'll probably come up in 4-5 months.
    Nvidia has ray tracing. You can't get a 30s series card at MSRP to save you life. They also provide the hardware for the Switch (which is also sold out). The new Ampere architecture is also faster for research so those are going to sell well. Project Clara is also very promising for the very near future. The ARM acquisition is going to a be a huge data center play for them and will probably over the next year most likely before the end of 2021.

• Love Love x 1
  20. Slowdive

Slowdive Active Turker

Ratings:
    +1,549
    Is Uncle Sam going to come after me now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.