12/29 - Time of the Year Thursday!

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by TissueHime, Dec 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TissueHime

TissueHime Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,407
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I won't be on to make the thread for Sunday 1/1

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  2. DeathGun

DeathGun New Turker

Ratings:
    +14
    FIRST!

3. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Only 10 more days until the Little Witch Academia TV series begins airing

Also I might be able to do the posting on 1/1 if nobody else can but I am not calling dibs on it yet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  4. Kadauchi

Kadauchi Administrator Former MTG MotM

Ratings:
    +8,589
    That reminds me. I'm calling dibs on the 2nd for both forums @TissueHime

• Like Like x 2
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  5. TissueHime

TissueHime Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,407
    k

• Like Like x 1
  6. Melting Glacier

Melting Glacier PE: $30.01 - That's over $1.25/hour! ┬┴┤( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴

Ratings:
    +11,423
    [​IMG]
    Excited! Also means I gotta get my act together and set up a clean Chrome install this weekend. I ran this poor Chromium build into the ground and gotta start fresh. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  7. Melting Glacier

Ratings:
    +11,423
    Same here. No reason I shouldn't be around then, but I'd like to see if anyone else is interested in the next couple days. :nod:
    Plus I can practically guarantee that I wouldn't do a New Year's Day theme and don't wanna be a downer for those that love it. :p

My only concern is that it might not be as high quality and detailed, but it seems like Netflix is throwing preposterous amounts of cash at original content lately. I'm thinking Trigger got a big comfy budget to work with. Until then... Flip flap flip flap.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    You just need to believe in Trigger.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Melting Glacier

Ratings:
    +11,423
    I believe in Trigger! :adore: I'd call myself a Trigger fanboy except I didn't like Inferno Cop at all and I only kept watching Luluco for the absurd KlK references. The surprise LWA announcement was worth it, though. :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kadauchi

Ratings:
    +8,589
    @Randomacts Right now HN is sitting very stable, with only a 20mb ram variance.

11. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    I hear that every time that someone complains about HN going down the server uses 1MB more ram.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Kadauchi

Ratings:
    +8,589
    I'm pretty sure this is true. I didn't change any actual code in HN, but I did upgrade from 14.04 to 16.04.1 for the vps. Node I'm using 6x LTS instead of 4x LTS and the newest version of PM2. So it appears that w/e was wrong was with one of those 3 but I won't know for sure until HN doesn't die for like 2 weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
  14. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073

:dunno:

So I just hand fed my brother some Wills and he was like "they are bugging for me" .. I asked him if he returned any google hits recently and for awhile he was like "no" until he admitted to accidentally returning on of the wills.. I just facepalmed and walked away.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  15. Kadauchi

Ratings:
    +8,589
    MTS v0.3.0.4 has been pushed to github.

Fixed issue with turkopticon causing an issue because an if statement wasn't exact enough.

Replaced the R|T button with a dropdown. Dropdown has options to add a requester or HIT to the blocklist and to the include list now. (Also, taking suggestions for the new dropdown's icon from this list of glyphicons http://getbootstrap.com/components/)
    [​IMG]
    @rdaneel

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  16. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Speaking of the include list... I tried to export from overwatch and then import into MTS but it didn't work. I assume that the formatting isn't the same for them or something along those lines, right? I'm not looking forward manually entering in my include list but I will if I have to.

17. Kadauchi

Ratings:
    +8,589
    I'm pretty sure they aren't even close.

This is what a block list item looks like.
    Code:
    {"A1CKEISKSOZ5HD":{"term":"A1CKEISKSOZ5HD","name":"CopyText Inc."}

This is what an include list item looks like.
    Code:
    {"A1TW2LOBRAXPCL":{"term":"A1TW2LOBRAXPCL","name":"Bark Engineering","type":"voice","sound":true,"notification":true,"pushbullet":true}

18. Melting Glacier

Ratings:
    +11,423
    For anyone that's curious, I caught this even though I knew it was bad from the TO I read earlier:
    HIT Name: Play Super Mario Bros | PandA [​IMG]
    Requester: Philippe DUL [AL7PZBJ8F5VVZ] (Contact)
    (TO):[Pay: 1.00][Fair: 0.00][Comm: 0.00][Fast: 0.00]
    Description:
    Record a movie of your game play of Super Mario Bros (NES)
    Time: 3 hours
    Reward: $1.00
    Qualifications: None
    Instructions in spoiler:
    Play Super Mario Bros

The goal of this HIT is to record your game play on a well-known NES Game, Super Mario Bros. This recording is made using FCEUX Emulator, with the provided Record Movie feature.

You must have an operational NES FCEUX Emulator with the ROM "Super Mario Bros. (E).nes" (see below)

You MUST also own an original version of Super Mario Bros. (NES) and take care about legal usage of ROM's use in your country. The HIT requester will be not responsible of misusage and illegal activities with a ROM.

Configuration of the tooling:

- Download and Install NES FCEUX emulator (http://www.fceux.com/web/download.html)

- Use the ROM "Super Mario Bros. (E).nes" (for instance, ROM can be found here: http://www.emuparadise.mobi/Nintend...OMs/Super_Mario_Bros._(Europe)_(Rev_0A)/57097)

- Open FCEUX.exe

- Menu Config > Input... > Configure (and choose your preferred keyboard input/pad)

- Load the ROM

- File > Movie > Record Movie
    - Ensure "Record : From Start"

Super Mario Bros is divided into several levels, and levels contain several sub-levels.
    - Play and ENJOY the game as "1 Player Game" until the end of the Game (final sub-level) :
    - Play each level without using world wrap
    - If possible, you can jump some sub-levels
    - Play without using any tools provided within Menu Tools or Save States/Load States provided by FCEUX (TAS, savestates are not allowed)
    - If you have a Game Over (no more life, you can still continue the game until the end of the game)

- Once you have a game over :
    - File > Movie > Stop Movie and save it as a FM2 file.

- You can quit FCEUX.

- Create and Upload a Zip file containing the fm2 file and a readme.txt file with the following content:

++++ Copyright Transfer Statement ++++
    The copyright to this movie is transferred to phigdr64@gmail.com (effective if and when the article is accepted for publication. The worker warrants that his/her contribution is original and that he/she has full power to make this grant. The worker signs for
    and accepts responsibility for releasing this material on behalf of any
    and all co-workers. The copyright transfer covers the exclusive right
    and license to reproduce, publish, distribute and archive the article in
    all forms and media of expression now known or developed in the
    future, including reprints, translations, live (or not) streaming, derivative products, photographic reproductions, microform, electronic form (offline, online) or any other reproductions
    of similar nature.
    This transfer agreement states only about the movie and the recording of the input made by the author. Copyrights and Trademarks about the ROM content belong to their respective owners.
    Gonna set aside all of the grey-area stuff concerning asking a Worker to download a video game ROM. The thing is, I really wish it paid well enough for me to do it- I love retro gaming; recording a movie file within an emulator is a trivial task (it's a text file that tells the emulator which inputs to press and when). I've recorded dozens of hours of (mostly) retro gaming through Open Broadcast Software because I enjoy it. But I simply cannot support $1 for 45mins+ wages. If warp pipes were allowed, I'd do it even though it'd take me ~15 mins overall.

tl;dr: me being a nerd and wishing this HIT didn't pay so poorly :nerd:

• Like Like x 2
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  19. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073

I figured that was the case.. :rain: Oh well I'll manually type them in sometime after you release the extension on the chrome store.

20. Kadauchi

Ratings:
    +8,589
    Is Overwatch's export an array?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.