4/10- Must See TV Monday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by malysa, Apr 10, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. llscrowe

llscrowe Turker

Ratings:
    +22
    Ben Peterson [AFEG4RKNBSL4T] Rate Social Profile Photos - $0.03 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $7.71 / hour
    00:00:14 / completion time
    Approved!
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: a second ago)
    Qualifications: Location In AU, CA, GB, IE, NZ, US; BP Qual EqualTo 4; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1;

To read Ben Peterson's full profile check out TurkerView!

2. skittles

skittles Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +17,143
    Maarten Sap [A1TW2IIFTWJIB2] ProjectDetox: Perception of Statements about Demographic Groups (must be at least 18 yo) [CMU STUDY2022_00000331] - $1.32 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $16.44 / hour
    00:04:49 / completion time
    Pros:
    !0 easy questions with 3 parts
    Cons:
    Some questions might offend some groups

Catchability: Impossible (HIT Last Seen: 10 hours ago)
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs > 1000; CounterStatementsPsychStudyQualScore EqualTo 3; DoneCounterStatmentsPsychStudy DoesNotExist ; Location In CA, US; HIT approval rate (%) >= 99; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1;

To read Maarten Sap's full profile check out TurkerView!

• Good Review! Good Review! x 1
  3. Katmoy

Katmoy New Turker

Ratings:
    +7
    Is anyone still seeing Ben Peterson’s hits on the page? I want to see if he blocked me or not. I’m a noob and wanted to get my stats up so I did a lot of his surveys the past 2 days and now I don’t see any hits from him. Thanks!

4. mdeem

mdeem Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +7,357
    Aaron Bornstein [A3GVHH5JG068XG] Memory and Decision-Making Experiment(~ 60 minutes) - $15.00 $3.00 bonus | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $23.59 / hour
    00:45:47 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 20 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Exc: [122767287-412127] DoesNotExist ; Inc: [-193717293-412127] Exists ; Total approved HITs >= 50; Location In AU, CA, GB, NZ, US; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95;

To read Aaron Bornstein's full profile check out TurkerView!

5. mdeem

mdeem Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +7,357
    Kristine Cho [AQX5DJFAWASPH] Answer a short survey(~ 2 minutes) - $0.24 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $21.07 / hour
    00:00:41 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    MC

Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 100; Exc: [412517-411928] DoesNotExist ; rhsnlk98 >= 100; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; Location In US;

To read Kristine Cho's full profile check out TurkerView!

6. LaneyB

LaneyB Active Turker

Ratings:
    +488
    I still see him. Though it's usually one here and there.

7. johnxyz

johnxyz Well-Known Turker TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +1,673
    Social Cognitive Development Lab [AFIUI62ZVMDFA] A quick psychology study (~5 minutes)(~ 5 minutes) - $1.00 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $21.82 / hour
    00:02:45 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Okay (HIT Last Seen: 4 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: rhsnlk98 >= 100; Exc: [13196176-412148] DoesNotExist ; Location In US;

To read Social Cognitive Development Lab's full profile check out TurkerView!

8. Sagebrushdan

Sagebrushdan Active Turker

Ratings:
    +309
    Noah, bonus hit up. If you got it. That was a nice surprise.

9. Carissma987

Carissma987 New Turker

Ratings:
    +10
    Is this a follow-up to the 3/28 follow-up... a follow-follow-up :emoji_thinking: (heh), or maybe an issue of overlapping dates and reusing quals? I did the original Study on 3/15 and the Follow-up on 3/28. And now there's this one showing the same required Qual. I see that he re-added "treatment 3 on 3/28" to my Quals yesterday, and considering it's a different reimbursement amount makes me think that it IS a follow-follow-up...

I guess what I should be asking is, was the HIT that you did on 3/28 the Study or the Follow-up? I'm hesitant to just do it and risk a rejection, given his approval rate. Thank you!

• LOL LOL x 2
  10. Sagebrushdan

Ratings:
    +309
    I only remember doing the first one, so that is why I thought it was just a follow up. I did see that approval rating though. Yikes! It did only take a few minutes...so worth it to me.

11. lukeray88

lukeray88 New Turker

Ratings:
    +17
    Ankit Shrestha [A16H2SLMSTEMRL] Academic Study: Understanding the Perceptions of Users about Social Media Posts - $2.00 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $18.37 / hour
    00:06:32 / completion time
    Approved!
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Impossible (HIT Last Seen: 53 years ago)
    Qualifications:

To read Ankit Shrestha's full profile check out TurkerView!

12. Carissma987

Carissma987 New Turker

Ratings:
    +10
    Oh okay. Thank you for getting back to me so quickly! I'll send him a quick message & see if he responds. If not, oh well. After looking through everything again, I really think that he just assigned me the wrong Qual (3/15 instead of 3/28) and this shouldn't actually be available to me.

Side note: that Study was my 4th HIT ever... I somehow never knew about MTurk or that platforms like it existed, until 29 days ago, so I was (and still am a bit) as fresh and stupid as they come. Lol! I'm not sure he even had a rating yet when I accepted the HIT, or it didn't stand out. Though, given my lack of knowledge at the time, it wouldn't have stopped me. It hadn't dawned on me that there could be requesters out there not acting in good-faith, until I started reading... I know I'm gullible as shit sometimes, but hey, at least I learned quick enough to escape any rejections (thus far) :emoji_fingers_crossed:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sagebrushdan

Ratings:
    +309
    That is a good idea to email them. Yeah, the only time I would avoid rejections is with a brand new account. Since it could tank your approval rating. So that is smart. You definitely have the hang of Mturk though so far! Very impressive.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Carissma987

Carissma987 New Turker

Ratings:
    +10
    Thank you so much! That's really great to hear and nice for you to say! It was slow going in the beginning, as I realized just how much I didn't know or couldn't figure out on my own. Then I started discovering these forums and resources (which are just absolutely incredible) and buried myself in the abyss of knowledge for a while. I'm even still discovering new ones (yesterday was Discord... lol). I'm just barely starting to feel a bit more comfortable and confident with what I'm doing, and I'm even interacting with humans and robots now! Lol (I'm really shy in new situations, but once the ice is broken, it's all over from there). Lol

Thanks again for getting back to me about that HIT, and even more so, for the compliment!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Sagebrushdan

Ratings:
    +309
    I would always follow the forms too. I learned so much from them. That sounds exactly like me when I started. It's soo nice to be able to read what others say on the forums, and not feel like you are working in the dark. You are welcome. I hope that you are able to do that Hit. Hopefully, they give you a definitive confirmation when they email you. But do whatever you want with it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. malysa

malysa Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +5,469
    Helpfull [A3HLHEC0D17ZSJ] Fast 3 questions survey - $0.50 | PANDA

Unrated

Unrated

Unrated
    $11.84 / hour
    00:02:32 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: audience79b6fba0235 >= 1;

To read Helpfull's full profile check out TurkerView!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.