4/26 - Working For That Money Wednesday

Discussion in 'Daily mTurk HITs Threads' started by LumosDC, Apr 26, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malysa

malysa Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +5,724
    they haven't been appearing until 10 minutes before (lately).

• Like Like x 2
  2. Neven123

Neven123 Well-Known Turker TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +7,688
    Shai Davidai [A20Y9FE67UT2M5] View a series of pictures and tell us what you think about them (no mobile devices)(~ 5 minutes) - $0.50 | PANDA

Good

Unrated

Unrated
    $20.69 / hour
    00:01:27 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: a second ago)
    Qualifications: Exc: [13269710-414196] DoesNotExist ; rhsnlk98 >= 100; Total approved HITs >= 500; HIT approval rate (%) >= 98; Location In US;

To read Shai Davidai's full profile check out TurkerView!

3. Turkinstien

Turkinstien Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +3,179
    Quals on prolific?

• Like Like x 1
  4. LumosDC

LumosDC Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,429
    Title: The Role of Irritability in Depression(~ 80 minutes) | Accept
    Requester: qliuprojects [A3S00DSPLR13L6] Contact
    TV: No Reviews
    TO: No Reviews
    TO2: No Reviews
    Reward: 10.00
    Duration: 2:00:00
    Available: 2
    Description: This is a longitudinal study that aims to understand the role of irritability in depression and its underlying cognitive processes. Participating in this study consists of two parts. Part 1 is a set of questionnaires and cognitive tasks to be completed in one sitting (approx 1 hr). Part 2 is a series of daily diary questionnaires to be completed once a day for 18 days (approx 1 min a day). For completion of the entire study, you may earn up to $22.
    Qualifications: rhsnlk98 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [414813-414224] DoesNotExist ; TP Panel: -1884412211 1 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US

5. Soul

Soul Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,391
    Its more of a screener by Andrew Santana

• Like Like x 1
  6. malysa

Ratings:
    +5,724
    yeah Andrew Santana

• Like Like x 1
  7. Katlady

Katlady Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,207
    Not fun. Bubbles bubbles, stare at paintings, small writing, bubbles bubbles. I don't recall my time on it though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Good Review! Good Review! x 1
  8. malysa

Ratings:
    +5,724
    yeah, so, if your gonna name your study something pretentious or that I can't confidently pronounce, totally not willing to be your guinea pig.

• Like Like x 3
    • LOL LOL x 1
  9. Laser

Laser Active Turker

Ratings:
    +413

I see your points and I am sorry I did not recognize you as the chief complainer lol

We all work at different paces on different types of surveys. That one took me 32 minutes and I did write a fairly detailed reply to the writing. As you mentioned I also abide by the terms of the study. I do not leave a tab when it clearly states. In fact I rarely ever leave a study tab while in a study so I didn't mean to say to leave the tab. I have two computers. At any point of time I can be doing studies or daytrading on one or both so in my case after looking at the painting for 5 minutes knowing there was a 15 minute timer on it I went to my other computer and did something else. I also could have easily went to get a snack without leaving the tab

I tend to try to fill all my time doing something profitable so if there is nothing available other than a $5 an hour study I will do the study until something else comes along that pays better. At times I feel guilty for rewarding a cheap requester but its better than sitting there not making any money.

I hope you have a profitable day and find better studies than I have been finding today.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
  10. LumosDC

LumosDC Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,429
    Title: Survey about some online products(~ 1 minutes) | Accept
    Requester: Consumer Research [A3BSSUO2Y35CR5] Contact
    TV: [Hrly=$17.30] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
    TO: No Reviews
    TO2: No Reviews
    Reward: 0.35
    Duration: 30:00
    Available: 12
    Description: Survey
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs LessThanOrEqualTo 500000; Exc: [414827-414238] DoesNotExist ; rhsnlk98 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; SurveyGroup [7410] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US

11. Tawalu

Tawalu Turker

Ratings:
    +232
    Aylin Cakanlar [AIV3GUVR66SYY] An academic study(~ 2 minutes) - $0.20 | PANDA

Low

Unrated

Unrated
    $8.78 / hour
    00:01:22 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 100; Exc: [13261161-414234] DoesNotExist ; rhsnlk98 >= 100; HIT approval rate (%) >= 98; Location In US;

To read Aylin Cakanlar's full profile check out TurkerView!

12. JJ0G40

JJ0G40 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +3,391
    Alto Neuroscience [A3RTPDYZ0S167D] Assessment test - $15.00 | PANDA

Low

Unrated

Unrated
    $11.09 / hour
    01:21:09 / completion time
    Pros:
    It's 15 bucks and the HIT of the day!
    Cons:
    Low pay due to it being so buggy! I spent so much time dealing with errors and sometimes the "please wait" screens stayed on for so long I thought it was frozen. I started getting erros shortly after and was presented with a login screen. I closed it out and clicked the survey link again and was luckily able to pick up a little before where I left off. This is a VERY mind numbing HIT with plenty o... Read more

Catchability: Great (HIT Last Seen: 27 minutes ago)
    Qualifications: Location EqualTo US;

To read Alto Neuroscience's full profile check out TurkerView!

• Good Review! Good Review! x 3
  13. johnxyz

johnxyz Well-Known Turker TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +1,729
    New Requester Profile!

John D. Coley [AVWO933KBW76K] Environmental Cognition Study - $1.50 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $30.34 / hour
    00:02:58 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    Lots of bubbles

Qualifications: Masters Exists ;

To read John D. Coley's full profile check out TurkerView!

14. malysa

Ratings:
    +5,724
    BUT also don't make it a random ass "decision-making" because then we all expect a bonus; I mean unless we get a bonus. BONUSES ARE LOVE (unless you are just making up for inadequate starting pay, then eff you)

• Love Love x 2
  15. mdeem

mdeem Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +7,357
    I understand what you're saying, but again that is against the instructions - they state to turn off all music, do not do anything else at all, etc. They want you staring at that painting for the full 15 min without looking away, literally... obviously you can do whatever but if a req is going to make that the expectation, on top of at least 10 pages of bubble hell and writing, time commitment of almost an hour meaning I miss out on other available work, etc... pay should be almost doubled for me to qualify it as good. As it is, the pay was bad, not even fair

And again, the problem with "nothing else to do" - well, you never know when something great will pop up and if I'm spending my time working underpaid stuff then I'm potentially missing better opportunities, and on top of that spending my limited energy for the day as well

• Like Like x 1
  16. Laser

Laser Active Turker

Ratings:
    +413
    I am curious. How did you come here and type updates on the study while you were doing it without leaving the tab?

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  17. malysa

Ratings:
    +5,724
    from what you've said in this post and your others, it should have been at least $15 if there is no bonus involved.

• Like Like x 2
  18. JJ0G40

JJ0G40 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +3,391
    Raina Zhang [A2B0JMNGW7O8IO] Service phone call Study(~ 4 minutes) - $0.45 | PANDA

Underpaid

Unrated

Unrated
    $3.42 / hour
    00:07:54 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:
    Very underpaid, some reading, short timer, and small writing prompts.

Qualifications: Total approved HITs >= 100; Exc: [414822-414233] DoesNotExist ; rhsnlk98 >= 100; HIT approval rate (%) >= 95; Location In US;

To read Raina Zhang's full profile check out TurkerView!

• Good Review! Good Review! x 1
  19. mdeem

mdeem Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +7,357
    I never said I complied with the expectations. They didn't pay me enough to do that.

Again, all my reviews are based on what is expected versus what is being paid.

Similarly, I may achieve a time that works out to $15/hr on a hit but still rate it underpaid because my time is not accurate to what the req wants or how long it takes if I actually put forth the effort desired by the req - but rather the effort I am willing to put forth for the pay that is given. My review/rating reflects the hit, not what I did with it

20. Tawalu

Tawalu Turker

Ratings:
    +232
    Jayati Sinha [A1YH1KWFFBDEE] Marketing Survey(~ 1 minutes) - $0.75 | PANDA

Generous

Unrated

Unrated
    $27.27 / hour
    00:01:39 / completion time
    Pros:
    Cons:

Qualifications: Exc: [410970097-414188] DoesNotExist ; Masters Exists ; rhsnlk98 >= 100; HIT approval rate (%) >= 80; Location In US;

To read Jayati Sinha's full profile check out TurkerView!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.