Akin HITs - Scoring on Traits (Suggestions)

Discussion in 'Requesters' started by Akin, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Akin

Akin New Turker

Ratings:
    +26
    Dear All,

Thanks for attempting our HITs.

We have received a few emails asking if it is okay for most of the sentences to be scored neutral. Given the content is randomly selected to score on a trait, it is likely that majority sentences will have one score more than the others.

To help you answer more effectively, happy to hear any suggestions you may have, e.g. elaborate instructions a little more?

Best,
    Akin Team

2. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
  3. laby

laby Survey Slinger Former MTG MotM TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +31,308
    I thought the instructions were pretty clear. I was concerned over them seeming mostly neutral because I didn't want you thinking I was just straight lining the answers with out thinking about them. Sometimes I would end up with long streaks and it just felt wrong to have that many in a row be the same thing. I felt like maybe I was missing something.

I did 12 from the first batch because I didn't see anything about a limit on that one. Based off the new instructions It looks like y'all would be okay with me doing 10 from this batch too but I haven't because it seems like you guys would prefer to have as many people possible do them so I didn't want to take hits from someone who hadn't done any yet.

4. Akin

Akin New Turker

Ratings:
    +26
    That is correct - we appreciate you taking the assignments as well as your co-operation.

5. Akin

Akin New Turker

Ratings:
    +26
    Thanks!

6. Turkmom86

Turkmom86 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +6,652
    Just a suggestion - maybe a comment box at the bottom of each hit wouldn't be a bad idea, that way if anyone is concerned they can put it in there?

7. Akin

Akin New Turker

Ratings:
    +26
    Thank you for the suggestion. We may not be able to go through each comment. We have been very active on this forum and happy to use it for suggestions.