Allow me to introduce myself

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by flipflop, Nov 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flipflop

flipflop Turker

Ratings:
    +106
    I have been lurking here for almost 3 weeks now after seeing a post on Reddit about forums. That place is always so negative. Y'all have a much better outlook on everything and are funny as well! Thanks! I have already learned things form you just by reading your posts.

I started turking last year and made a whopping $30 then quit for a while. Started back up up in February and thought I had done pretty well, but I see now that I am a noob. Heh.

Let's see. I'm a 39y/o housewife, married almost 20 years already. I've had many jobs in many states (husband was active duty Marine Corps) and every time things starting looking good for me in a career the world shifted and I would have to quit. I am a jack of all trades, master of none. mTurk is great for me because I don't have to worry about my job conflicting with my husband's job. I use mTurk to fund my Amazon addiction, although I am currently saving up for a trip to NOLA with my little sister in December!

My kids are 18 & 15. We have sooooo many pets. Miniature Golden Doodle, Calico cat, Netherland Dwarf rabbit, 2 Pekin ducks, 3 chickens, 2 frogs, and I don't know how many fish. Oh, I forgot about the damn hamster... my daughter keeps bring creatures home. It's a freakin' zoo in here.

Hobbies: knitting, crochet, reading, boating, in shore & off shore fishing, we have a classic car (1965 GTO), and I just got a Jeep Wrangler so I guess wheeling will be a up and coming hobby. Goals in life are to pay everything off so that we can enjoy our soon to be empty nest stage and to have security incase my husband's MS decides to disable him.

Thank you for this wonderful community and I will stop lurking and try to contribute. You have all given me so much already.

• Love Love x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. GoldGuardian

GoldGuardian Black Order

Ratings:
    +16,743
  3. Trickydude24

Trickydude24 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,206
    Welcome to TurkerHub!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. smiley edna

smiley edna Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,743
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sunlite

Sunlite Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,755
    Welcome to the Hub- so many wonderful people here- glad you found the forum. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. CheshireKitty

CheshireKitty Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,022
    [​IMG]

Glad you've decided to participate :emoji_grin:. I'm very new too, you've actually been around here longer than me, but i'm already seeing what a great community this is. So much better than reddit for sure.

Now, I shall demand of you as was demanded of me, I wanna see the animals :emoji_heart_eyes:. I have a dog and two cats, my daughter's dad won't let me have any more lol. He barely tolerates the ones we have already :emoji_joy:

• Like Like x 1
  7. knottypiper

knottypiper Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +12,728
    [​IMG]

We have so much in common!
    I have a rabbit, a chicken (used to have more), a dog, and a cat; and I love to knit, crochet, read, and fish, too! Also a jack of many trades and master of absolutely nothing. High five.

Welcome to the Hub, and hello!
    Feel free to join us in the daily threads, and ask questions. We're a pretty fun bunch, if I can say so myself. My mturk income has increased massively since joining, personally. Much recommend.

• Like Like x 1
  8. flipflop

flipflop Turker

Ratings:
    +106
    As soon as I figure out how to post pictures I will get some up. Thanks for the welcome and welcome to you as well!

9. Celtic Lady

Celtic Lady Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,319
    Welcome to the Hub :)
    [​IMG]

You can upload the pics to imgur and then post them here by clicking the little picture icon in the post section and put in the link. Pic of the GTO too please!

My mother has MS so I totally understand the uncertainty of it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. flipflop

flipflop Turker

Ratings:
    +106
    Yay, another country girl! Thanks for the welcome!

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,140
    Oorah!

Welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  12. flipflop

flipflop Turker

Ratings:
    +106
    I will get all these in album around lunch time. Hope you Mom is doing well. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  13. flipflop

flipflop Turker

Ratings:
    +106
    Thank you! Semper Fi

14. Cosmo

Cosmo Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,140
    Oh, I wasn't a jarhead... Army veteran here. :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. flipflop

flipflop Turker

Ratings:
    +106
    Hooah! My grandfather was 82nd Airborne. Thank you for your service.

16. Outer1

Outer1 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,992
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. flipflop

flipflop Turker

Ratings:
    +106

• Love Love x 1
  18. GreenMachine842

GreenMachine842 Moderator (⌐■_■)

Ratings:
    +13,816
    Welcome to TurkerHub! :) I'm gonna have to see this GTO :ba: I have a 77 Trans Am :D. Glad you like it here! Hope to see you around the dailies!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. flipflop

flipflop Turker

Ratings:
    +106
    Very nice! I thought I posted pics above. Did they not show up? IT was a link for a album of 6 pictures, I can see it. Thanks for the welcome.

20. GreenMachine842

GreenMachine842 Moderator (⌐■_■)

Ratings:
    +13,816
    Ha silly me forgot to flip through it. That's a nice ride! I love it! :emoji_heart_eyes::emoji_heart_eyes::emoji_heart_eyes:

• Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.