[Script] Am I missing something or does Overwatch not work well?

Discussion in 'mTurk Scripts & Resources' started by TheNerdyAnarchist, Feb 21, 2019.

Tags:
  1. TheNerdyAnarchist

TheNerdyAnarchist Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,680
    I have four different searches set up in Overwatch, and while 5 HITs from one of the requesters I've included came up on my MTS HIT finder, they did not show up in Overwatch at all. I tend to have good success with the MTS HIT catcher, but unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to set it to catch by Requester ID - only by specific HITs.

Am I missing something / using Overwatch incorrectly?

EDIT: Crap...should I have posted this in Script Discussions, instead? Sorry - Admins, please feel free to move, if so!

2. Ornac

Ornac Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +11,092
    Overwatch isn't supported by anyone anymore and my understanding is there are some possible security issues so it's probably best not to use it for that reason beyond it being out of date.

I'm not sure for MTS hit catcher, but I know you can set up Pandas that go by requester ID in Panda Crazy. It's also has a few other things going for it that Hit catcher doesn't. If you do try it out I would recommend switching to Hitforker for your scraper. It took me a while to switch over when I was newer, but I was happy after I did. It's probably worth checking out on a slow Saturday or something.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheNerdyAnarchist

TheNerdyAnarchist Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,680
    That explains it. Thanks for clarifying!

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  4. SunlitSunflower

SunlitSunflower baby head

Ratings:
    +36,431
    >possible security issues
    Just out of curiosity, what happened? I don't use it any more but I used to like it and always wondered what happened to it.

5. Ornac

Ornac Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +11,092
    My understanding is it's vulnerable to the putting shenanigans in the hit titles thing that was going on a little while back. All the stuff people maintain got a fix for that quick, but older stuff is still vulnerable to that sort of thing. Someone else can probably tell you more on that though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1