1. API Information

The TurkerView API page has instructions as well as contact information for support in getting set up with our new API infrastructure.

You can also email us directly at hello@turkerview.com if you run into any problems!

Dismiss Notice

Amount of hits a day question (newbie)

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by Lisa Martin, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Lisa Martin

Lisa Martin New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi :)
    I started Mturk 3/29 and I've been doing well with hits. So far
    Approved
    Pending
    100% Approval Rating
    Do you ever get a day when hits are slim picking?
    Today was the worse day for hits in my case
    04/29 20 Hits 9 Approved 11 pending

Yesterday I did 81 Hits. I have Hit Finder open right now and seriously nothing.
    Is this normal? Are there slow periods?

Thanks in advance,
    Lisa

2. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +92,757
    Honestly being that new to the platform a lot of it is kinda just luck of the draw on what posts. You wont qualify for a handful of things until 1k/5k approved, and more importantly you wont have any closed quals & experience that help more experienced turkers "weather the storm" so to speak.

Anything outside of a major US holiday being slow is more often than not the user, you'll find some randoms making their daily goal pretty much any normal M-F outside the major holidays or laziness.

Better to just focus on improving, and any down time being put to use learning new scripts/skills/etc than worrying about if it's a "slow period" - someone somewhere will always answer yes/no to that question on any given day haha