Any friends on MTurk?

Discussion in 'Requesters' started by aPsychResearcher, Feb 7, 2017.

?

Do you have friends/family who are also MTurkers?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. aPsychResearcher

aPsychResearcher New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Hello!

I'm Yuji and I'm a psychology researcher planning to post my first HIT soon! So my HIT involves connecting MTurkers with other MTurkers they know in real life, and I wanted to get a sense of how common this might be. Do you have a sense of whether turkers have friends, family, or acquaintances who also use MTurk?

Thanks!

2. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Hey Yuji, welcome to TH :)

I think your particular niche is going to be pretty hit or miss.. I think for the most part you'll end up getting a lot of spouses/SO's, not so much buddies/random roommates. I can think of a few folks here who have their husband/wife/whatever also registered on mTurk, not very many people who happen to know each other in real life and Turk, though there may be some duo somewhere like that.

If you need any help w/ the requester UI/etc feel free to DM me when you get into the meat and bones of it. I'm not a pro by any means, but I've dabbled with it a good bit and I know it can be frustrating/confusing for newer reqs so always happy to help. Good luck on your research!

• Like Like x 1
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  3. aPsychResearcher

aPsychResearcher New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    @ChrisTurk, that's helpful to hear. I will have to think about the design with that in mind (that there are more SOs than friends). Once I figure out if this will work, I might take you up on your offer, thanks!

• Like Like x 1