API TVJ / Hitforker resetting everyday.

Discussion in 'mTurk Scripts & Resources' started by jayc2303, Mar 10, 2019.

1. jayc2303

jayc2303 Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,369
    I am running into the issue where I have to re-enter my API key into the Turkerview tab on the Mturk page every day as well as on Hitforker. I also have my configurations, and blocklist on Hit Forker and have to re-enter my API key every day, this is the most problematic to not be able to have my blocklist stick. I can deal with copying and pasting an API daily but rebuilding a blocklist daily is very problematic. I recently switched from MTS to Hitforker and I did not have issues having to re-enter the API on MTS. I still had to re-enter the API daily on the Turkerview tab on the worker site though. I never clear my cookies or cache. I use google chrome any solution especially to keeping my settings and blocklist saved. Thank you for your help and advice and all you do.

@ChrisTurk @ThisPoorGuy

• Like Like x 1
  2. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Something is clearing your cache/cookies on worker.mturk every day. Forker (and a few other scripts) store all their data in your localstorage, clearing it will clear all that data.

If it's not you, it's something else. An extension or messed up config corrupting the data maybe? I'd try doing chrome://restart and seeing if that clears it every time, if it does than it's something about your chrome setup itself

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  3. jayc2303

jayc2303 Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,369
    Thanks Chris, I did that chrome://restart and no it does not get cleared. Their were 3 or 4 days in a row this week that it was not cleared so I will have to narrow it down. I reset my Chrome cleared my cache, cookies, config everything and will start from scratch and then try to narrow down what is clearing it out, I was not sure if it was a common problem with a fix or if it was on my end. I was able to resolve it by resetting everything, and clearing everything, I am sure it was the config corrupting the data. Thank you for your help solving the issue your the best as always, I made almost 300 dollars more last month since TVJ10 was launched almost doubling my earnings. That was the only thing that I changed in my workflow was your API... and February was a short month. Thank you very much for your hard work on the API and the site.