AWS billing setup

Discussion in 'Requesters' started by Gridium, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Gridium

Gridium New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I had read about issues getting set up with AWS billing, but thought I'd be set since I have an active AWS account that automatically pays over $12k/month. But no; I can't create HITs at all. I have contacted support multiple times, including my AWS account manager. Three weeks ago they said it was because of the monthly spending limit on my account. I've asked them to increase it but have heard nothing.

Are there any secrets to getting an account set up? Anyone else I can contact?

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. alexchz

alexchz New Turker

Ratings:
    +4
    Turkopticon has been taking some of these cases to the Mturk staff in case you want to use their help.
    You can contact them via hello@turkopticon.net. I read over Reddit they have helped some requesters.

3. billy

billy Active Turker

Ratings:
    +544
    Did this ever get worked out for you?
    AWS has been gradually rolling out verification of accounts without telling anyone. The previous limit for a non verified account was $3000 per day and no single payment more than $2000. They have now lowered it to $100.
    I would reach out to them on twitter and see if you can get your account verified.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 2