1. With the changes to MTurk's payment systems I'm recommending people take a moment to consider securing their on-site banking information from userscripts. TVJS has already been updated to explicitly prevent it from accessing sensitive pages, but workers should strongly consider permanently blacklisting scripts from running on pages containing banking information.

[Guide] Globally Blacklisting Scripts From Running on MTurk's Bank Account Management Pages will show you how.

Dismiss Notice

Big howdy from Texas!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CaliforniaSurfBoy, Jul 28, 2019.

1. CaliforniaSurfBoy

CaliforniaSurfBoy New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    Hello! My name is Cameron and I am a 39 y/o disabled veteran. Even though I signed up for mTurk years ago, I actually only did my first hit 3 weeks ago.

I'm doing mTurk to earn extra income to help out the wife and kids but, more than anything, its about self worth. It has been a hard adjustment going from working for 22 years and being head of the household to being unemployed, disabled, and dealing with a lot of health issues. mTurk is one of several things helping me return to that feeling of being productive and useful once again.

Goal for month was $250 but I'm already at $390 with 3 days left (besides waiting on hits and bonuses to be paid which will push that higher) so I am extremely pleased.

July Stats (so far)
    Approved hits - 4,782
    Pending - 714
    Rejections - 1
    Per Hit Average - 0.082
    Overall Wage - 4.96/hr

Future goal? I'd love to reach those $1,000 month levels I read about in the forums but am settling on a more realistic $400.

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. AMindAtTurk

AMindAtTurk Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +23,627
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to the forum! You should check out the daily thread if you have any questions!

• Like Like x 1
  3. purplepotato

purplepotato Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,467
    Hi and welcome! Congratulations on exceeding your first month's goal! Hope to see you around the daily thread, that's where most folks hang out.
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 1
  4. HardWorkingTurker

HardWorkingTurker Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,565
    The best advice I could give you is to keep an eye out on those qualification HITs, but I have a feeling you'll do quite fine even without much help or advice! Welcome to the thread and best of luck to you. Hope to see you in the daily threads!
    [​IMG]

• Useful / Informative Useful / Informative x 1
  5. marcusdavvid

marcusdavvid Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +5,147
    Getting to 5000 approved HITs is an important step for bigger bucks.

[​IMG]