can't connect my mturk account to qbc

Discussion in 'mTurk Scripts & Resources' started by Antonina, Apr 10, 2022.

1. Antonina

Antonina Turker

Ratings:
    +51
    hello, my old laptop died (water damage) so I had to install QBC on spare laptop I had with me. I was able to go through the setup page but I can't seem to connect my mturk account in QBC. After I put my email and mturk password, click connect, nothing happens. I've tried clicking on next and nothing happens as well. I've reinstalled QBC multiple times and it still gives me the same thing. Any input on what to do? I've included a pic where i can't move forward

also, does windows version matter? I old damaged laptop was win 10 and my current laptop is win 8.1.

Attached Files:

2. Sweetheart

Sweetheart New Turker

Ratings:
    +8
    I'm having the same issue. Did you ever get this fixed?

3. Antonina

Antonina Turker

Ratings:
    +51
    Unfortunately no. I'm not really sure what's wrong but I can't get past the credentials page no matter how many times I try. I've already emailed QBC support and I'm just waiting for their response.

4. Sweetheart

Sweetheart New Turker

Ratings:
    +8
    I can't get past either.
    Have you been waiting for their reply since April 10th when you first posted here?

5. Antonina

Antonina Turker

Ratings:
    +51
    I was able to turn QBC on around the 12-13th but after I turned program off ( thinking everything was fine), I wasn't able to log on after that. So it's been over a week since I've been able to use it. I contacted support on Easter Sunday and I was told the problem lies with Chromium or something like that. Hopefully I get a response soon but in the meantime, I've been trying to fix it myself.

6. Sweetheart

Sweetheart New Turker

Ratings:
    +8
    Hm ok, I'm still stuck in the setup. I'll update if I get a resolution!

7. b_t

b_t Turker

Ratings:
    +143
    I'm having this same issue.

8. b_t

b_t Turker

Ratings:
    +143
    Ok, I got through the setup by running "Welcome" as an administrator, but now I can't get the searchers to run. The Power button in the top left is greyed out and doesn't allow me to toggle it. @ChrisTurk