chromebook sound

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by bmt, Dec 15, 2020.

1. bmt

bmt Well-Known Turker TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +961
    howdy all,

temporarily using a chromebook and set MTS up from scratch. got all my settings restored except that it's not giving me a voice alert when a HIT is caught, i.e., the "hit caught, Requester Name" woman (sometimes man). settings... on. include list, double checked that "sound" and "notification" are checked. my sound is on, triple checked. is this a chromebook flaw or is there something i'm missing here? already going crazy manually checking queue/catcher especially for batch work.

2. bmt

bmt Well-Known Turker TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +961
    in case anyone else has this problem: the only solution i've found is to toggle the extension settings off and then turn them back on (it's not necessary to close the browser). restarting the entire computer will do the trick if that doesn't do it. i don't understand why this works, but it works - until it doesn't.

the beginning of the "hit caught, Requester Name" sound always gets cut off, which never happened on windows.

i've noticed that the sound has a higher chance of not working anymore if the computer goes to sleep or if i have a competing sound source, e.g., i'm playing a movie at the same time i have MTS running. but sometimes it does keep working. basically, it's like playing roulette. never know what you're going to get.