Disbursements and exact names

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by RocketToRigel, Jan 4, 2020.

1. RocketToRigel

RocketToRigel New Turker

Ratings:
    +9
    I know I'm brand new to the forum and should perhaps get better acquainted, but there's something about the new payment system (a tired subject of which I'm aware and I apologize for bringing it up) I'd really like to find out about. Amazon itself lays it out clearly: that the names on our bank accounts should exactly match the name we're using on MTurk/Amazon. But has anyone actually gotten to work without matching names?

Since I've started Turking late October I've never deposited my funds, not through Payments (never entered any bank information) or a gift card. By the time I was ready, I got the email about the service change so I decided to wait for it and then attempt a direct deposit, but because I usually want to be absolutely sure about what I'm doing I wanted to hear from the community about all the little details before I attempted/risked doing anything. Unfortunately, I haven't come up with any answers in regard to the question I'm asking above. I think I've searched high and low across the internet but...yeah, hence my posting my question here. I'm over 21 and living in the U.S. but I thought that perhaps I could use my parents' banking information to send deposits to while still working on MTurk as myself. According to Amazon, that's unacceptable.

Basically, I'm wondering if anyone's actually tried to go at this new disbursement system under mismatched names, and what the repercussions would be if I attempted to enter a name that isn't mine under the banking info. If the last names at least match, would that matter at all? Sorry for the long read! Just wanted to be as clear as I could; and I'm sorry if this question is rather...odd. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

2. Kayashi

Kayashi Titler

Ratings:
    +14,908
    open a bank account. https://www.ally.com/

• Like Like x 1
  3. Naria

Naria Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,118
    Yeah man, there's a million checking accounts you can just open online.

No need to to shady stuff when it's so easy to just have one in your own name.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BlueMountainBacon

BlueMountainBacon Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,889
    I use Simple but any of them are perfectly fine.

Honestly, you're probably not going to find someone here that's willing to advise going against Amazon's terms in any shape or form, nor should we. Open a bank account, man. They're easy peasy to obtain, no matter your situation.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RocketToRigel

RocketToRigel New Turker

Ratings:
    +9
    I understand completely. I hadn't intended to try anything weird or unethical anyway, just curious! Thanks for your input!

• Like Like x 1