Does panda Crazy violate any amazon mturk policy?

Discussion in 'mTurk Scripts & Resources' started by Igor999br, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Igor999br

Igor999br New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Does panda Crazy violate any amazon mturk policy? I know it's not forbidden to use scripts to search for hits, but is it forbidden to use scripts to accept hits?

2. Lumius

Lumius Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,864
    https://www.mturk.com/acceptable-use-policy

What Worker scripts and automation tools are permitted?

We are generally OK with you using scripts and automation tools to help you search and preview Human Intelligence Tasks ("HITs") more efficiently on the MTurk website, as long as those scripts and automation tools (1) do not serve as a substitute for your human judgment to complete work, (2) do not extract and store data from the MTurk website, and (3) do not disrupt or impair the operation of the website or the integrity of the marketplace (e.g., scripts and automation tools that call MTurk continuously and at high frequency aren’t OK). As a result, we’ll have to make tough calls from time to time when we notice unusual account activity resulting from a particular script or automation tool. Please remember that you are responsible for any script or automation tool that you use with MTurk, and your use of a script or automation tool is at your own risk.

If you are having a very high call rate, disruptive acceptance/returning of many hits, or high PRE rate, you're probably more likely to be on their radar.

Using a script to accept HITs isn't explicitly mentioned. They do mention using it for completion, but not acceptance.

Anecdotally, I've used Pandas since their inception and am still here. Just do it carefully, try not to put undue stress on the site with excessive calls, and know that Amazon can ban you for any reason, at any time, with no notice.

3. Fuzzy_Dunlop

Fuzzy_Dunlop Turker

Ratings:
    +58
    An argument could be made that search results are a form of extracted data. This would make the search result storage feature a violation of section 2
    I do not feel it is a distinction worth any concern, but something to consider if your livelihood depends on MTurk.

4. Robert Brown

Robert Brown New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Does tampermonkey in conjunction with Turkerview violate or interupt the Amazon Mechancial turk site, I ask this beacuse Mturk is my livlihood? I hope someone can respond?

5. jim718181

jim718181 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +3,557
    Its not the script or tool its how you use it. Without knowing exactly how you are using Tampermonkey nobody will be able to tell you for sure if what you are doing is against TOS.

6. Robert Brown

Robert Brown New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    The only script I have used and installed on tamper monkey is turkerview, I did see there are over 20,000 turkerview users so I'm thinking I'm ok, maybe just a little paranoid as I heavily rely on Mturk. Your reply would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, hope to hear back. I used to use mturk suite which isn't a script but a browser extension and had zero problems with that.

7. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,208
    You should not have an issue using Turkerview. You could use MTS as well. It is basically the script in extension format with extras. I have not used the script myself, but FWIW, I don't know if its being supported anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Robert Brown

Robert Brown New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you, yeah Mturk suite has been buggy lately. So to your knowledge nobody has had a problem using turkerview? Thank you, hope to hear back.

9. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,208
    Have not heard or seen any chatter about people getting axed for using it.