First smoke of 2018 detected!

Discussion in 'Requesters' started by Robert, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Robert

Robert Hummingbird Watch

Ratings:
    +310
    Big shout out to Turker: A16H809DRDT4B9, whoever you are, we are all thinking about you. Plus we dropped an extra $50.00 in your account for being the first to find it. Good job. Though conversely, you missed the same smoke on your next pass through. It continues to be there, just harder to find.

And, to the rest of you, I have missed you. And I am excited to be back. We just officially turned on the system today. We will be adding more cameras over the next couple of weeks. More HITs. As such, I should have a semi-permanent presence on the site though I will be in and out.

If you guys have comments, suggestions, that sort of thing, let me know! Again, did I mention? I'm excited to be back.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 3
    • 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  2. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    It wasn't me :(

I tried I swear but I did just mark something that looked like smoke to me perhaps a second ago.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Current panda as of right now if anyone needs it.

Title: Hummingbird Watch - Early Forest Fire Detection | PANDA
    Requester: Robert Atwood [A2AARFMJHG94SR]
    TurkerView: [ $10.33 / hour ]
    Description: Thank you for your interest in this HIT! Here are the instructions:

Inspect each image for smoke, if you find some click the flame button at the bottom of the image. *Remember, smoke can be hard to detect! Look closely.
    Once you have selected that your image contains smoke you will be asked to draw a bounding box around the smoke. Once you are happy with the area you have selected, press the green check button.
    If no image contains smoke or flames, click the green forest button at the bottom of the page. You will automatically be directed to the next image.
    Once you've looked through all images, the HIT will be automatically submitted.
    Here are a couple of tips:

We are testing for speed and accuracy, so please try and complete this task as quickly as possible. We are aiming for a submission time of 1 - 2 minutes with practice.
    Most of the time there won't be any smoke, so don't doubt yourself if you can't find any!
    If you think you see smoke, but aren't sure - make sure you mark it anyway. We don't mind mistakes if someone thinks they see smoke. What we don't want is people missing smoke when there is some.
    We are documenting any and all feedback on our HITs, and will be adjusting our HITs accordingly. If you have any feedback or comments, feel free to post on our threads at http://www.turkerhub.com
    Duration: 00:05:00
    Available: 1
    Reward: $0.09
    Qualifications:
    • Location In CA, US
    [3SI493PTSWVJNYGJGMTHZZJVV2SZD5]

4. Robert

Robert Hummingbird Watch

Ratings:
    +310
    Haha, we appreciate it! Don't worry about making mistakes. That's natural. We would prefer to know about a possible smoke rather than missing it altogether. It's a learning process ;)

5. Robert

Robert Hummingbird Watch

Ratings:
    +310
    Also, I just remembered that if you identify yourself as the person who detected the smoke, @ChrisTurk will hook you up with a sweet, sweet badge.

• Love Love x 3
  6. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    How do you want us to mark images with cameras that are down? I have just been marking them as no smoke but :dunno:

7. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    :wave:

Welcome back! Very happy to see you guys are back in action :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. GreenMachine842

GreenMachine842 Moderator (⌐■_■)

Ratings:
    +13,816
    :eek: I did it :emoji_hugging: @ChrisTurk Need my Fire badge now!

• Love Love x 7
  9. Robert

Robert Hummingbird Watch

Ratings:
    +310
    No smoke is definitely okay. Some people have been doing poor visibility which also works. I'm not sure we ran into this problem last year so it is something we will have to adjust

10. Robert

Robert Hummingbird Watch

Ratings:
    +310
    Ahh hell ya!

• LOL LOL x 2
  11. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Holy crap I thought you were messing with me but that really is you :eek: :flail:

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  12. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Oh btw I don't think that the keybinds are working. At least when I tried them it didn't seem to be working :dunno:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Robert

Robert Hummingbird Watch

Ratings:
    +310
    We re-worked the system this winter so things are bound to be different. Will pass this on though

14. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    They are working now :dunno:

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  15. GreenMachine842

GreenMachine842 Moderator (⌐■_■)

Ratings:
    +13,816
    Click in the frame and then try.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    I think that it was an auto focus issue. I'm doing them on chrome for what that is worth but meh I just need to click first I guess unless you want to look up the JS to have it focus the iframe.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    @Robert are you still paying out bonuses after X amount of hits?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Robert

Robert Hummingbird Watch

Ratings:
    +310
    We are planning on it - we have a bit of work to do, however. The HITs haven't reset after last year. Which, I suppose, is to be expected. Anyways, the team hasn't had a chance to sit down and think about it. Or to find an effective way of doing it. @GreenMachine842 , for example, has looked at something like over 1200, which is amazing, and worth rewarding.

To summarize, we will. I'll update you guys in the next couple of weeks on how that is all going to work.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  19. Tripsa

Tripsa ┴ɹᴉdsɐ

Ratings:
    +30,588
    @Robert
    Welcome back.

Quick question.
    Will the new layout eventually allow for a turker to enlarge the camera image?
    Getting this on my end. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. Robert

Robert Hummingbird Watch

Ratings:
    +310
    Yes, we are. Sorry for the weird layout. Question, and maybe we dealt with this last year, but we seem to be struggling a little bit with participation numbers. The timing interval has increased from 5 minutes to 10 minutes but frequently only 1 or 2 turkers are doing the HITs while they are designed for up to 5. I'm trying to think if we had a solution for this last year or not.