GeoHIVE HITs

Discussion in 'Requesters' started by Bobby, May 19, 2017.

?

I like to do GeoHIVE HITs

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bobby

Bobby GeoHIVE

Ratings:
    +517
    Just for fun, here is a snapshot of 4 campaigns y'all did for us recently. 31,000 points validated over 2 days. (Ports, Airports, Military Facilities, and Nuclear Facilities)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  2. MrMos3s

MrMos3s Active Turker

Ratings:
    +210
    Send him a PM with the username or email address you used to sign up

3. Bobby

Bobby GeoHIVE

Ratings:
    +517
    <deleted> Trying to embed a picture for you.

4. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    I believe that this is the picture that you tried to embed.

If anyone wants a higher res (1.7MB) version of this download it from the source https://ibb.co/cBNS7a

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  5. Bobby

Bobby GeoHIVE

Ratings:
    +517
    YES. Thank you. This is a snapshot of what I see. I want to run around the room and high five everyone that worked these. Very cool output. On the downside, I did notice a lot of (Feature Not Present/ Negative Vote) tags. I wonder if it's the black tiles, or if the votes were legit. This is why I lose sleep at night.

• Like Like x 2
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 2
  6. RicanGuy86

RicanGuy86 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,138
    Hey @Bobby ,

So you guys do keep track of your best Workers, but is there a way for us Workers to view what we've submitted? At least how accurately we've tagged sites?

I'd love to know how accurate my submissions are.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  7. Celtic Lady

Celtic Lady Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,319
    This ^ I would love to know my accuracy as well. I tried logging in at the site and it just shows a task but no other info/settings or anything. It would be great to be able to change our email address as well from what we used when registering on your site.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Bobby

Bobby GeoHIVE

Ratings:
    +517
    That's not as straightforward as I want it to be. I really want to get your scores, and history up on a portal where you can view that stuff. It is in the mix to do just that.

• Like Like x 8
  9. Tripsa

Tripsa ก็็็็็ก็็็็็ก็็็็็ก็็็็็ก็็็็็ก็็็็็

Ratings:
    +30,599
    Thanks for the reply, it's a win win situation when a requester makes contact with the worker base, we need more requesters like you:ay:. Thanks for the explanation on what these hits are used for. Its has been debated "in the turker community" for a long time, on what exactly was geohive doing with the data from these hits. The whole drone thing came about when it started asking to find planes, bridges, train stations, ports etc etc.

Now is the internal qual for geohive workers or can a turker get it as well?

10. hofrungur

hofrungur Active Turker

Ratings:
    +757
    @Bobby If you're taking suggestions, please put the Clouds choice last (3, instead of 2). It's far more natural to have the common options next to each other and clouds/bad images are the outlier.

It might have been my imagination but the baseball field imagery seemed to load incredibly fast; it seemed the tile size was perfect on them for me. I'm enjoying the campaigns from today!

11. CorvusSapiens

CorvusSapiens Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,895
    Hey @Bobby
    One more thing to mention for future campaigns. I've noticed that often the instructions will include 'place the tag in the center' for campaigns that only have the option to select whether the feature is present or not. It may be worth rewording the instructions on these to avoid confusion.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bobby

Bobby GeoHIVE

Ratings:
    +517
    Again, this is high on my priorities of things to eradicate. I currently have no control of how the tags order. So seemingly simple, yet so not done yet.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  13. Bobby

Bobby GeoHIVE

Ratings:
    +517
    The internal is something of a sacred qual. It is for DG blood and kin, and for students who have successfully completed the GeoHIVE University Partnership Program. I have strict orders to keep this qual on lock.

You may already be aware of how much effort is going into automated feature detection in imagery. The end game is for the computer to be able to replace you (and me) *collective sigh*. It is, after all, an inevitability that we all must come to realize or face the consequence of obsolescence. The money for this very $$$ venture comes from customers who really want to be able to detect those features on the fly. The datasets we create feed the machine.

○ Before you throw your computer out the window, keep in mind that pretty much anything we do electronically today is being submitted through machine learning processes to make our life more convenient, before ultimately replacing us altogether in the eve of singularity. ​

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Eisenpower

Eisenpower Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,870
    I'm still pretty new, but you are definitely the coolest requester I've come across. :emoji_sunglasses:

• Love Love x 2
  15. Bobby

Bobby GeoHIVE

Ratings:
    +517
    I really like what I do. :)

Happy Friday, minions!
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  16. SubitusNex

SubitusNex Active Turker

Ratings:
    +470
    Machine learning is moving really fast now :)
    I used to do some of that at University. At least we're still good for generating training datasets :p

Sigh, I miss doing research :)

17. SubitusNex

SubitusNex Active Turker

Ratings:
    +470
    This is actually a very good idea from performance point of view. I would definitely try to maximize this just out of sheer joy to be helping more.

18. Rycros

Rycros Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,441
    Mr. Uncle @Bobby sir,

couple of quick questions :D

for the drawing a box, i've run in to a couple of things that i wasn't completely sure on;
    • for border crossings, do we box the whole instillation? or just where the actual gate crossing appears to be?
    • basketball/tennis/soccer courts/fields; sometimes there are more than one stacked together, do we highlight specifically the one that is closest to the dot? or the whole tennis/whathaveyou compound?
    for choosing a box, the same questions above come up. I've had some select the whole area (multiple tennis courts for example) and some select just the single one.

there are more questions, but i forget them now since i'm actually typing this ._. i'll edit or add those once i remember :p

thanks again for being a great requester!

19. Bobby

Bobby GeoHIVE

Ratings:
    +517
    These are great questions. So great, I don't really know how to answer them at the moment (LOL). I know the HITs are done. I'd give the canned response to use your best judgement. Border crossings are tough. Personally, I enclose the entire scene that's relevant to the crossing. There may be more than one building, and walls may indicate part of a checkpoint. That's my take.

20. Bobby

Bobby GeoHIVE

Ratings:
    +517
    I launched a new discovery campaign tonight, if anyone swings that way. Let me know if you run into any issues. I'll be in and out of the 4rum tonight.

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1