Hello!.. again.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Autonomadic, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Autonomadic

Autonomadic New Turker

Ratings:
    +4
    Hello everyone!

It's been a while since I've been turking and I was a little surprised to see that MTG was pretty much dead! I wonder, what happen? It reminded me of the other time I left for several months and Zingy and half the people left, and I eventually found them all at MTC (which is also a very good forum). Except this time around the other half had left too! It's deserted! I can only conclude my breaks from M-turk killed MTG. :p

I read Melting Glacier post about the servers shutting down and about this place, so now I'm here ^^. So was the site sold again? I'm not even sure why it's still up with it being nearly dead. Anyways, Good to see you all, and looking forward to checking out the new forum!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  2. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Yeah MTG is kind of a mess and that is why we all noped out and are on the forum that @ChrisTurk made.

Anyways welcome

[​IMG]

If you haven't turked in awhile you likely don't know about http://mturksuite.com/ so I suggest checking that out.

• Love Love x 1
  3. Cosmo

Cosmo Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,140
    [​IMG]

Welcome!!!

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. Autonomadic

Autonomadic New Turker

Ratings:
    +4

Wow this is a really cool tool! It's all the essentials in one. Does it use fewer page request by combining? Is there a way to rank by TO in the scraper?

5. Autonomadic

Autonomadic New Turker

Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks!!!! :D

6. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    It actually has a bunch of optimizations to prevent extra page requests but technically you could get nearly the same with separate tools

As far as ranking by TO, I'm not sure exactly what you mean by that but you can turn TO on but TO's servers are super shitty these days so it might take awhile for hit finder on your machine to cache all the TO scores.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Autonomadic

Autonomadic New Turker

Ratings:
    +4
    Oh, I see.. Now that i think of it, I have notice more requester without TO, I just thought it was coincidence.

I meant the function that allows you to sort your list by TO rankings. A feature that I really like that HIT Scraper has.

I was looking at a list of things that it replaces and just for some of the basics it's a very useful tool!
    I wonder if you use it to replace Hit scraper and Hit Monitor completely, or do you just use it for it's other features. I like the look of Hit Finder, but it seems to be lacking a pretty useful feature of the bat. Do you think these tools work more efficiently than the previous two or are they about the same?

8. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Overwatch is actually a hit monitor replacement if you want to do that. Although you can technically just use hit finder's include list to do the same thing.

Oh and I guess I should bring up the fact that worker and www mturk have their own PRE pool so most of us fully use both with our scripts.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Autonomadic

Autonomadic New Turker

Ratings:
    +4
    Wow, that could be a potentially huge benefit! That must be why you have the choice to access either sites on MTS. So do you use MTS on one and the rest on another? Could panda from both and double speed if you wanted to? That would come in handy for say Z's, if they ever come back, I heard they've been gone a while. I'm going to have to do some research and catch up on some of this stuff. Thanks for the info! :D

10. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Well Z's left the platform but yeah it is super useful to panda both sides at once. For picking what side to use on stuff in MTS it always (unless the design language changes) will be in each tab itself. For example in hit finder you select it and you technically could run on worker and www at the same time although setup will be slightly annoying. Honestly I do all my searching on worker.

It is important to note however that hit catcher does not yet on worker yet although it will soon. You can however use panda crazy to panda stuff on worker until hit catcher gets that feature added.

Oh and one other innovation in the worker workflow that you likely missed is using TTS (text to speech) with scripts. It started with overwatch and having it yell the requester names when stuff pops up but now MTS does the same thing if you use the include list and hit catcher says what hit is caught ect when you catch stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    I actually use this and SoundWire to keep track of my mturk stuff while I'm away from the computer and sleeping. You obviously don't need to go that far but TTS is a huge boon to mturk workers that fully utilize it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. GoldGuardian

GoldGuardian Black Order

Ratings:
    +16,743
  13. Celtic Lady

Celtic Lady Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,319
    Welcome to the Hub :)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tripsa

Tripsa ก็็็็็ก็็็็็ก็็็็็ก็็็็็ก็็็็็ก็็็็็

Ratings:
    +30,599
    Welcome back, MTG was sold to a person who couldn't run it right. Then again to some Russian guy and its been hinted as being sold again . It's is in a sad state all mods have had their powers taken away thus it's becoming a spam infested waste land. Welcome to the hub and come join us in the daily thread.

15. GreenMachine842

GreenMachine842 Moderator (⌐■_■)

Ratings:
    +13,816
    Well welcome back if you message @ChrisTurk with your MTG username he can give you the cool Alum badge that a lot of us have. Looks like you're getting back up to speed real quick. I look forward to seeing you around!.
    [​IMG]

16. Autonomadic

Autonomadic New Turker

Ratings:
    +4
    Can you still do Z's works their own another platform? Like how Product tube and Wallstreet did?

17. Autonomadic

Autonomadic New Turker

Ratings:
    +4
    Oh, Cool! So If I'm working or away from computer I can hear if a requester comes in without having to check and disrupt my work flow. That would come in handy. I'll have to check that out too!

18. Autonomadic

Autonomadic New Turker

Ratings:
    +4
    Thank you Mr. Hot Dog Man!

19. Autonomadic

Autonomadic New Turker

Ratings:
    +4
    Thank you! ^^

20. Randomacts

Ratings:
    +124,073
    I can't remember what the platform name that they moved to but obviously if you get into that one you can do it.

Yeah all soundwire does is it pushes your computer's audio to your phone and with TTS on scripts that is all you need to be able to tell what drops.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.