Hello and Happy Holidays!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by VeeBee75, Dec 28, 2018.

1. VeeBee75

VeeBee75 New Turker

Ratings:
    +7
    New turker here! I've been at it for about a week, learning how to use scripts and trying to build experience. My main question is, what happens when you complete a hit and they don't give you a code? Are you just screwed on that one? I have reported a few for being "broken" but my gut says they aren't broken at all, they're just trying to get free work out of people. Or maybe I'm just a cynic, lol.

2. CorvusSapiens

CorvusSapiens Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,895
    [​IMG]

Often if there's no code, it's just a mistake on the requesters part and submitting with you ID is okay. HOWEVER, I would be wary of doing that blindly until you have more approved. You don't want to risk your approval rating. Use the option to contact the requester and send a message about the code. Hopefully they'll get back to you in time to submit. If not, I would focus on protecting your approval rate until you have some buffer.

3. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Unless it is clear that I got screened out I just submit with "mturkID No code see email" and send a one sentence email saying that I didn't get a code at the end so I submitted with my mturk ID and a note.

I think that a lot of people just submit with their mturk ID alone and skip the email.

4. mrnotoriousman

mrnotoriousman Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +20,112
  5. VeeBee75

VeeBee75 New Turker

Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks!! This is all very helpful. I'm on day 10 today so my limit should get lifted tomorrow I think? I'm not in a hurry to make money fast, I want to do things right so when I have not gotten codes I have just let it slide. I've gotten a couple of rejections from someone who didn't like how I answered the survey questions which I think is horse poop, but my whole attitude has been "what can you do?" I did respond to him and tell him I didn't think that was right but naturally he didn't reverse things. Mainly I'm trying not to irk anyone because I am paranoid about getting any more rejections.

6. Sunlite

Sunlite Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,755
    Hello- welcome to the forum [​IMG]