Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SWMcCaig, Mar 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWMcCaig

SWMcCaig Turker

Ratings:
    +206
    Hello everyone. Only been a Turker for about a week now, but am enjoying it so far and looking forward to learning more about it and ways to improve my earning. Just saying Hi, and happy to be a part of this group!

• Like Like x 3
  2. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Welcome to the forum! There are probably more resources than can even be consumed in such a short time frame to learn from haha, but the Wiki is definitely a good place to start since the newer topics are reasonably organized and you can kind of pick what sounds interesting to ya. Of course following the daily thread (don't be afraid to ask questions!) is a good way to dive head first into stuff. When you're there a small icon will pop up on the left hand of your screen that you can use to help keep it suited to your preferences (and get desktop alerts for new HITs!).

I'm not sure if you're familiar with scripts yet, but pretty much the only thing you really need to get a handle on starting out is MTS by @Kadauchi - it is far and away the best script (well, technically its an extension which collects all his scripts) to immediately improve your mTurk quality of life.

Sorry, don't mean to be overwhelming haha, again welcome to TurkerHub! :emoji_grinning:

3. Celtic Lady

Celtic Lady Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,319
    Welcome to the forum and as already mentioned, be sure to check out the daily thread. :)

4. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Welcome :wave:

If you have any questions that Christurk didn't answer please free to ask and we will do our best to help you.

5. Hummingbirdee

Hummingbirdee Big Bird

Ratings:
    +115,701
    Welcome! We are very friendly here, don't be afraid to post in the daily thread!

[​IMG]

6. SWMcCaig

SWMcCaig Turker

Ratings:
    +206
    Hey, thanks for the information......I've been trying to decide what scripts to use. Currently I am using Turkmaster, but have been told that Hit Scraper is better? Does MTS include either one of those scripts?

7. Celtic Lady

Celtic Lady Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,319
    Turkmaster and Hitscraper do 2 different things usually. Turkmaster is mostly used to panda a hit that you may have missed when it was first posted. Hit Scraper checks the most recent hits listed and shows them to you based on your filters.

MTS doesn't have either of those but it does have Hit Finder which is a newer replacement for Hit Scraper. I prefer Hit Finder as it also has a log of the hit's it has found that you can use to set up a panda to try and catch returns, etc.

You can click on the word panda to get a description of what it is if you don't already know.

8. SWMcCaig

SWMcCaig Turker

Ratings:
    +206
    Alright, took the advice and installed MTS. I'm VERY impressed. It makes everything SO MUCH easier. I absolutely love the Hit Finder, although I'm still trying to determine the best settings. Thanks for the advice.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TurkedOut

TurkedOut Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,450
    Welcome :wave:. I agree Hit Finder is amazing for being able to look for hits.

10. deansep

deansep Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +586
    Hello. Welcome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.