hello turkness my old friend...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by NBadger, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NBadger

NBadger Mod of Cat Gifs

Ratings:
    +40,241
    ...I've come to talk with you again by which I mean for the first time.

So I spent a decent amount of time trying to decide if saying hi or just jumping straight into the fray was more normative around here, but eventually gave up on it because I decided it'd be more fun to step into the limelight and embrace this opportunity to make things about me

Anywho, I started turking... maybe four years ago? Three and a half? A decent enough time in the distant past, at any rate, but only started really getting into the swing of things with proper scripts and such about six months ago. Stumbled upon this forum last Wednesday, and quickly decided that while turking and lurking share 85% of the same letters, that doesn't mean one has to do both, especially since networking² is so much fun. So here I am, hoping to join in and hopefully be a bit of help and get a bit of help in the process.

As for a bit more about me personally, I've got a bachelor's degree in English and Graphic Design as well as a severe beef with the current economy, and I freelance in both of those fields while I prep for a Masters in Communications. I'm quite fond of sci-fi, internet culture, contemporary art, and the phrase quite fond.

Well. I think that about sums it up. So, a pleasure to meet your acquaintances;³ and I'll see you 'round the forum.

[​IMG]

¹ jk. People scare me.

² Probably should have said posting or helping or some other more appropriate word here, but then it wouldn't have rhymed. I wanted the rhyme.

³ Although to be fair, at this point in my writing you've had the pleasure of my acquantainceship, but you've yet to return the favour, so. If you could remedy that I'd be much obliged. Cheers. ^.^

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Welcome :wave:

I'm sure that you will fit right in with the people here seeing how you are fond of sifi, art, and of course cats. :az:

Anyways... If you have any questions about stuff like scripts (and if you don't use any I suggest using some like overwatch/MTS/panda crazy) feel free to ask and we will do our best to help you. :cheer:

3. TurkedOut

TurkedOut Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +14,450
    Welcome and come jump into the fray with the rest of us crazy people over in the daily threads.

4. UCOTC

UCOTC Active Turker

Ratings:
    +612
    Welcome to a fellow newbie ... here.

Never would have guessed you are an English major :)

5. Hummingbirdee

Hummingbirdee Big Bird

Ratings:
    +115,701
    Welcome! We love new friends here!

[​IMG]

6. NBadger

NBadger Mod of Cat Gifs

Ratings:
    +40,241
    Currently I use HIT Scraper and Turkmaster (and naturally HIT Database) as my main scripts, among others, but perusing through the forum is slowly convincing me of the inevitability of switching to those instead. Just have to convince myself to do it. :p

*coughs* *shoves excessive vocabulary and diction into closet* *sweats a bit* No idea what you're talking about, I'm sure. :emoji_sweat_smile:

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. deansep

deansep Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +586
    Ill keep it quick and simple. Hello and welcome! Now get back to those pennies (or dollars if you're lucky)

8. Tripsa

Tripsa ก็็็็็ก็็็็็ก็็็็็ก็็็็็ก็็็็็ก็็็็็

Ratings:
    +30,599
    Hello, Welcome to TurkerHub, stop by the daily thread where most of us are. Also feel free to ask any questions one of us will be willing to help:ay:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.