Hello

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by jajeawar, Oct 23, 2018.

1. jajeawar

jajeawar Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,412
    Hello, I am new here, I've gotten to almost 500 hits now, and just starting to see the money, I slowed down about because of a few rejections. I'm looking for new hits. I would like to improve my numbers. Are there any good batches to look for? I've tried p9r and Scoutlt, but they seem quick to reject even though the mistake was illegible to begin with.

I also have a question about the Crowdsurf qual test, is it timed? Any tips?

2. Ornac

Ornac Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +11,092
    Hello and welcome. It's been a long time since I took the Crowdsurf qual, but I don't remember feeling pressed for time. As for doing it... Make sure to read through the instructions so you know the odd cases and what slang is ok/not ok. Then keep them open and refer to them when you see one of the edge cases you read about.

I would say if you really want to do Crowdsurf stuff(the pay is kinda meh) do it through Crowdsurf. They offer bonuses and pay slightly better through their website. http://crowdsurfwork.com/ You need to make an account through Workmarket and take a test there, then it takes a little while to get approved, but I haven't had any problems getting paid when I used to do work for them.

Edit: Oh and make sure to pop into the daily forum. That's where most of the action is.

3. jajeawar

Ratings:
    +1,412
    Thank you, I watch the daily thread, and try to catch the hits, but I'm too slow, lol. So I stick to the Turk website mostly, the conversation seems fun though. I'm in the middle of learning scripts, perhaps, I will be posting soon.

4. CorvusSapiens

CorvusSapiens Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,895
    [​IMG]

Hello!
    Here's a post I wrote in another thread as a basic beginners guide to scripts: https://turkerhub.com/threads/scripts-for-beginners.1334/#post-636527

Using a scraper script and a catcher script is very useful for searching through and catching hits.

I would avoid Scoutit entirely. They have a reputation as one of the worst requesters. P9r is slightly better, but as you've noticed, they have a reputation for rejections. You can try messaging them as they have reversed some rejections in the past.

I'm afraid I don't know who's around that's good for getting numbers early on. Things will get a bit easier once you make it to 1k approved, but be sure to protect your approval rating. You'll want to be very careful about taking risks.

5. jajeawar

Ratings:
    +1,412
    Thank you, yeah, I've slowed down, and looking for better hits, cause I ended up with 16 rejections from Scoutlt and p9r. I'm looking to get to 1k, I did find an easy low pay hit, that seems to approve well, and quickly but low numbers, and pay. I am actually looking at scraper, and catcher now, thank you.