Help me structure my HITs right

Discussion in 'Requesters' started by Gemet, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Gemet

Gemet New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    I'm posting tasks on short text evaluation editing (HITID: 341H3G5YF0JG3V4R2E1CF9BG0QQ0Z8 TypeID: 3ZODJRR2QPTQFCAE9WM4Y7JQTAU2V2 GroupID: 3XLZDG4M72DU5RRO9CY5OCOMXEJLZQ).
    Here is a preview of one of my tasks: https://www.mturkcontent.com/dynami...3V4R2E1CF9BG0QQ0Z8&source=manage-hits-console

It takes 4-5 minutes and I've put 0.30$ as a reward. I publish 4-12 tasks a day. Questions I have:
    - It's quite time sensitive so I need to get more people to accept it faster. Is there anything I could improve in the title/description or is it only about $$?
    - To make sure the text is compliant with the rules, I have a quick survey in the end. The first question is "The summary contains abusive or offensive language: Strongly agree / Agree / Disagree". A lot of turkers evaluate it wrongly and put Strongly agree which makes it more difficult to review and accept HITs. How can I improve that?
    - Any general recommendations how to make the HIT better for everyone?

Thanks, any help is much appreciated.

2. Gemet

Gemet New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    now I actually see that people just click through without paying any attention...

3. Ornac

Ornac Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +11,092
    @Gemet

I think you may have some trouble getting more experienced people to do that hit at the given pay, but that said, make sure you are using some qualifications. Greater than 98 approved rating . More than 1000+ hits approved. This weeds out a lot of scam accounts that haven't had a chance to be caught yet. If you intend to post a lot of these hits, then making a qualification hit is a good way to go. Have a test hit or two and then make a qualification for the people that pass that. Then you know you have a workforce that knows what you're looking for and are doing the jobs correctly.

Again though, 0.3 for 4-5 minutes is $4-$5 an hour. You can get a worker base from a some countries for that, but are probably going to run into problems with getting native English speakers there which your job seems to require. If you limit it to US and Canada as a qualification that will help a lot, but you will have trouble getting serious workers for the pay. I would suggest raising your pay to something in the range of $15/hr-$20/hr and using the qualifications I suggested and you should see a large increase in quality.

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2022