[Please Help!] help on an unfair rejection

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by mochimini, Nov 24, 2019.

1. mochimini

mochimini New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    (shoot i posted this earlier in the wrong forum so im sorry for double posting)
    So i tried contacting this requester Jack Smith about a HIT that was called "Snapchat Users, we want your opinions!" and I ended up being rejected because I didn't give a survey code at the end. I remember I contacted him once i finished the survey to let him know that the code didn't show up so I put my ID in its place instead. After digging around i saw that a handful of other people were rejected by him as well. I emailed him twice and haven't heard back from him. I was going to bring it up to the IRB but I don't even know what to say or how to go about bringing it up since i'm fairly new to mturk. Any advice? Thank you guys in advance

Tl;dr: got a hit rejected and found out the requester was sketchy/rejecting others for the same reasons. How do i bring up an unfair rejection to the IRB?

2. Ornac

Ornac Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +11,092
    I've never contacted an IRB over a rejection. I usually just let it go as not being worth the time to fight. I'll send a polite email and if that doesn't work. :dunno: So I would first ask myself if it's worth the time you're going to put in. As long as it isn't a 5$-10$ hit or you have very few approved hits it may not be.

I'm sure someone will come along with some IRB advice. It's the weekend and a bit slow around here. I just wanted to post so it didn't feel like no one saw your post and so it didn't get buried under other posts in the new posts page.

• Like Like x 2
  3. mochimini

mochimini New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    You're right, its not really worth it at this point. I just cant shake the feeling that the requester just used me and others that took the hit and ran with the data like that. What a scum :(

4. Ornac

Ratings:
    +11,092
    Yeah I still get all up in arms over rejections when I first see them then remind myself it doesn't really matter. I'm up to 9 out of about 54,000. I think eventually most people just shrug and move on as they work on the platform longer. It becomes a matter of how much of your time is it worth to chase down that quarter or dollar.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ornac

Ratings:
    +11,092
    That and a lot of the time you can count on other people to do the work for you especially on mass rejections. There's enough people out there that will make a fuss that a lot of the time you'll see rejections get overturned later that you didn't do anything about. It's the lazy way out I, but it happens a fair amount. :emoji_sweat_smile:

• LOL LOL x 1