Hey Everbody

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Patsy Perry, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Patsy Perry

Patsy Perry New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    I've been on Mturk for several years, but I'm still learning. I mostly do Scoutit hits (yes, I know, LOL). Until recently, I was willing to risk the rejections because I honestly enjoy the "classify receipts" hits and have had only a few rejects over the years. My approval rate is about 99.95. A few days ago, though, Scoutit rejected a hit and it is driving me crazy. They won't respond to any messages, they didn't leave any feedback as to why it was rejected,and the weird thing is, it was rejected within a couple of hours after being submitted. They always take about 3 days......and none of the other 45 from that day were processed until 3 days later, as usual. This leads me to wonder whether it was just a glitch of some kind.

Anyway, I'm now wondering whether to risk continuing with Scoutit, or write them off. Also I know I need to learn to use scripts and find other requestors to work for, hopefully some that will communicate with their workers, LOL.

2. CorvusSapiens

CorvusSapiens Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,895
    [​IMG]

Scoutit has reputation as one of the worst requester on mturk. They're literally a recurring joke around here. There is much better paying and safer work to be found if you know how to look.

Here's an intro to scripts post I wrote in another thread:
    I recommend forgetting Scoutit. Avoid P9r as well. They're a bit better but have a reputation for random rejections. Start learning to use a scraper and panda script and hang around the daily thread here to see the kind of things we talk about and work on.

3. AMindAtTurk

AMindAtTurk Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +39,565
  4. noah_survived

noah_survived Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,627
    Do you need the money? If you do, you can be making a lot more doing other HITs. (But if you're just on Mturk to kill time or whatever, and if you enjoy ScoutIts and can deal with the occasional rejection, go for it.)

I was planning to give you some info, but he already did, so I won't bother. :)

5. Pronewbi3

Pronewbi3 Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +27,826
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the group. Scoutit is generally seen as a pretty bad requester because of the pay/chance for rejection. I suggest popping over to the daily thread and following along as it's the busiest part of the forum. (maybe not today since it's sunday but during the week it moves pretty fast)
    If you just like doing those hits go for it...if not, the daily thread will let you pick up a lot of decent hits. I turk full time so I am doing it for cash more than enjoyment, however.

6. Patsy Perry

Patsy Perry New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you.....I plan to learn about scripts but sounds like they can be really confusing LOL. Not going to even try P9r.

7. Patsy Perry

Patsy Perry New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you for the welcome!

• Love Love x 1
  8. Patsy Perry

Patsy Perry New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you, noah_survived. I like your name....we have a family member named Noah, and he is definitely a survivor! Do I need the money? Well,I can always use extra money, but thank goodness I don't have to depend on Mturk to pay the bills, or I would have starved by now, LOL. I guess it's mostly a matter of pride....I've done these hits for years and it's frustrating that they won't even take the time to respond to a problem. Why even have the "contact requester" link when they don't bother to respond? Why does Mturk not have some kind of rule that requesters have to communicate with their workers? It's just not right.