Hi everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Rigo, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Rigo

Rigo Active Turker

Ratings:
    +235
    Just wanted to say hi to the forum I just started turking 4 days ago and am looking to get into it. Any advice would be great. I have only the basics as far as the scripts go so any advice would be great. Thanks :)

• Love Love x 3
  2. Pronewbi3

Pronewbi3 Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +27,826
    Welcome to the forum. I would suggest dropping by the daily thread as it's the easiest place to pick up hints/tips and ask questions. It's the most popular part of the forum.

I guess a few pieces of generic advice would be to slowly get into a workflow that works for you. Motivation is a big issue early on.

Also slowly building up numbers of approved hits is huge at the start since as you hit certain milestones (500, 1000, etc) more work becomes available generally. Don't just do random hits for any requester though as getting a bunch of rejections early when you first start turking can be crippling..later this isn't so much of an issue. You want to make sure you are working with requesters that are known to be fair early on, however.

There will be a lot of information to cover so try to browse the daily thread to see what people are working on or avoiding. It's an invaluable mountain of advice.

• Love Love x 3
  3. PeachyRider

PeachyRider 777

Ratings:
    +57,066
    welcome @Rigo

Pronewbi gave a lot of good tips

only thing i'll add is mTurk can be a large learning curve
    don't get too discouraged the first few weeks... even month

inbox is always open. lots of helpful posters in general will be happy to help you on here as well

• Love Love x 2
  4. Rigo

Rigo Active Turker

Ratings:
    +235
    Oops.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  5. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Welcome @Rigo

Hope you stop by the daily forum and say hello :)

[​IMG]