Hi everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by keeyanajones, Sep 29, 2021.

1. keeyanajones

keeyanajones New Turker

Ratings:
    +4
    I just started my Mturk Journey on the 1st of this month (9/1/21). I had a storm here so I didn't have internet for a while but so far I have only done 46 Hits. I used my first $2 to buy some fancy Gain Dishwashing Liquid from Amazon and now I'm hooked.

I was so worked up about the savings! You know... anyhoo I have to do better and I want to master this. I know it's early in my quest and I have watched all the youtube videos I can find. I know I need to do a lot more hits and try to get qualified for stuff. I just don't know which ones to qualify for and what the specific milestones are but I'm learning as fast as I can.

My current goal is $9.99 by October 1st and so far I'm at $5.77. I got my first rejection last week and I felt kinda upset about it. Luckily, the folks on Facebook told me, "cheer up buttercup" it happens (me paraphrasing).

Any tips would be appreciated or pointing me in the direction at least.

Thanks,

Kee

• Like Like x 2
  2. Yeti

Yeti Active Turker

Ratings:
    +514
    Welcome Kee I'm a newb on this forum...but I've been on mturk for awhile after you reach 100 more hits will be open to you. Right now I'm struggling to get past 250 but with your energy you'll probably surpass me. :emoji_relaxed:

• Like Like x 2
  3. jim718181

jim718181 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +3,539
    Hello Kee, and Welcome.

There is a vast amount of knowledge waiting to be consumed available to you on this site. Mostly people tend to hang out in the daily thread. You can find the daily thread here https://forum.turkerview.com/forums/daily-mturk-hits-threads.2/ .

If you are asking for help, try and make your questions as specific as you can. Asking for general help tends to get you pointed towards threads you could easily find by searching.

The more you Turk the more addicting it gets. :emoji_grin:

Best of luck to you.

• Like Like x 3
  4. IcyTundra

IcyTundra Tundra Thundra

Ratings:
    +17,080
    Welcome Kee! Definitely stop by the general forum with specific questions. There's usually somebody around who can help. :) Keep plugging away and don't give up! It definitely helps to take a look at the requesters ratings and feedback from other Turkers as there are usually some folks who post warnings if there is a high rejection rate.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1