Hi, I'm Alex

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by EmeraldsP, Nov 11, 2018.

1. EmeraldsP

EmeraldsP New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    Hello everyone! I've been using Mturk for only a few months now as a side hustle. The money's been enough to cover my coffee habit, but I see some people are able to take this thing up a notch and actually have decent earnings. I'm curious to know how they do it.

There's not much to say about myself. I'm a man of simple tastes and I'm interested in living a life as uncomplicated as possible. I like hiking, chess, poker, and spending time thinking about interesting problems. I definitely have a lot to learn about Mturk so hopefully I won't be too annoying asking questions here on the forum, but I hope one day I can be knowledgeable enough to help others in the community in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    To put it simply those of us that treat mturk like a job and are always looking for ways to improve our workflow and find new batch requesters ect will make more. There are plenty of people that only lightly turk that do decently as well but I can't speak directly to those work styles as mturk is my main and only form of income.

Even with light usage if you aren't making good use of scripts to scrape and panda you will have a bad time is what I'm saying.

Anyways welcome to turkerhub and if have any other questions feel free to ask :)

Oh and I'm not sure why you colored you text blue here but if you could avoid doing that in the future that would be appreciated as it is harder to read and not really needed.

3. EmeraldsP

EmeraldsP New Turker

Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for the insight Randomacts. So it's about putting in the time and using tools to be efficient. That makes sense.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    It is about working smarter, not harder. Most of my 'searching for new work' is passive at this point due to my huge include list and various other stuff. I wouldn't make a fraction of what I do without scripts like panda crazy and hit forker ect and using efficiently.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  5. Sunlite

Sunlite Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,755
    Welcome to Turker Hub. There is a pretty large section of Help and Scripts here- check em' out. [​IMG]

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1