How do you usually catch Pinterest HITs?

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by leo80, Nov 22, 2017.

1. leo80

leo80 New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello! I'm relatively new here and I'm trying to optimize my workflow. Could you please share your experience catching Pinterest HITs? Very often by the time I accept it, I get the message saying smth like "Sorry, there are no more tasks available". I'm gonna tell you what I do and I hope you will point at what I'm doing wrong.

I added Pinterest requester ID to Overwatch. When it pops up there and if I'm able to immediately accept it (click on 'accept' in Overwatch), I can do 1-2 HITs. Usually just one.

I also have Pinterest in Panda Crazy. It searches and accepts Pinterest HITs by RID. However, once it accepts, by the time I go to Panda Crazy tab and click on 'Continue work' in the queue, I get that annoying message "No tasks available" although the HIT was accepted.

It seems to me that it makes no sense to use Panda Crazy for Pinterest. But Overwatch doesn't notify correctly all the time. I had several cases when Panda Crazy caught Pinterest HITs but Overwatch was silent.

Is there a way to consistently accept and be able to work on at least one HIT in a batch?

Thanks!

2. CorvusSapiens

CorvusSapiens Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,895
    How quickly you get the 'no tasks available' message will depend on the amount of work that Pinterest posts. Their system posts more hits than there is work to do. I don't know of any way to tell from our end how much work there actually is in a batch. I don't bother running pandas on them because of the issues you describe. I keep the requester on Overwatch and work them when they show up. Sometimes I only get one or two. Other times, they post more work and you can work more. Afaik everyone's in the same boat that you are.

3. leo80

leo80 New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for replying! I asked about Pinterest because they have this peculiar mechanics (I don't really know how to call it) that the actual task loads after I open the tab with the task. Just accepting the HIT with a script is not enough. Often times I ended up accepting the HIT with PC but having no task to work on.

I guess it makes adding their HITs in a queue in PandaCrazy totally useless, just accept once.