[Please Help!] How does Pinterest impact return%?

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by BurtTurker, Feb 4, 2018.

1. BurtTurker

BurtTurker New Turker

Ratings:
    +16
    I apologize if this is in the wrong place or has been asked before, Google and our Wiki wasn't helping much help. I wonder how "Accept & Work", impacts returns when you get the Pintrest message "No HIT's Available". It seams the only option at that point is to "return" the HIT. Does this impact our ranking at all?

2. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Return % doesn't matter.

3. lefty

lefty Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +49,005
    There is a ranking for returned hits, and expired hits, but I think I have literally never seen any requester use it, so it's safe to not worry about your returns and expires (I mean, unless you're doing like thousands a day lol)

4. Tripsa

Tripsa ┴ɹᴉdsɐ

Ratings:
    +30,588
    It's insanely rare to see any requester use the return rate as a mean to lock out people from hits.

5. BurtTurker

BurtTurker New Turker

Ratings:
    +16
    but does Amazon factor it in when granting qualifications or Master's etc? Based on the responses so far I'd assume that "returning" the unavailable HIT does in fact impact that rating.

6. BurtTurker

BurtTurker New Turker

Ratings:
    +16
    Why do they bother to calculate the metric then?

7. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Because they can. It is hidden by default however but they could technically use it as a qual.... nobody does though so :dunno:

8. BurtTurker

BurtTurker New Turker

Ratings:
    +16
    Did a little more research, finally got the old gray matter in gear. From https://www.mturk.com/worker/help
    Should have looked there first. Thanks for the input.

9. TheRevolutionHasBegun

TheRevolutionHasBegun Active Turker

Ratings:
    +95
    What about expired, eh? This is something that causes me a lot of stress. I try not to let any time out each day, but I do end up with about one each day unfortunately.

10. WildFlower

WildFlower Survey Slinger FF Champion II

Ratings:
    +4,950
    Returned and expired are nothing to worry about, certainly nothing that should be causing you any stress. They are metrics that Amazon can track and they do, but not ones that are important or that are in use in any meaningful way. Once upon a time, a few, and by that I mean, very very few requesters, made use of those metrics, but it was used so little and doesn't matter to the point that Amazon removed them from the dashboard. Both are metrics that were once readily available on your mTurk dashboard alongside approval and rejection, but they removed them because that's how little you should pay attention to them.