Howdy Folks — Just over two weeks on MTurk

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MrPokaFace, May 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrPokaFace

MrPokaFace Turker

Ratings:
    +48
    Hows it going guys? I just started this MTurk thing around half a month ago, and I'm actually enjoying it a bit more than I thought I would. I was stuck in a position where I couldn't work due to back-to-back (after healing ofc) arthroscopic labrum repair surgeries, and I needed to find a source of income so here I am.. I'm only 20, waiting to get on with my second surgery ( which is gonna suck.. it will be my right arm this time.) so I can finally move on with my life as honestly it feels like I'm stuck in place at the moment. MTurk has been much more viable as a form of income than I expected it to be, and I'm enjoying the process of learning the ropes and the sense of community here and on reddit! Currently at about 600 HITs, I probably need to do less surveys and more batches.. oh well. Does hitting 1k HITs actually open up that much more work? Anyways that's my introduction, just happy to be here.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  2. Celtic Lady

Celtic Lady Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,319
    Welcome to the Hub :)

Glad to have you with us. Stick around on the daily thread and feel free to ask questions there. 1k and 5k will open up more, mostly batches if I recall correctly. It's worth getting to those milestones but don't worry too much about it if you're already satisfied with the income you're making. Just keep an eye out for batches you qualify for with good TV ratings and you'll get there. If you aren't already using it, give MTS a go as it has a lot of great tools in it.

Hope your second surgery goes well when it's time.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Welcome. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

[​IMG]

As far as getting 1k hit goes I think that it does open some work as a lot of surveys use that as a qual. There are also some at 2k and 5k I think? Honestly it has been SOOO long that I had a low amount of approved hits that I haven't really been paying attention. It is important to know that it won't be some magic change that makes you start getting x2 as much. Improving your workflow will make a larger difference. Using scripts ect

• Like Like x 1
  4. Girl Polar Bear

Girl Polar Bear Queen of the North

Ratings:
    +45,742
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Hummingbirdee

Hummingbirdee Big Bird

Ratings:
    +115,701
    [​IMG]

Welcome!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tripsa

Tripsa ก็็็็็ก็็็็็ก็็็็็ก็็็็็ก็็็็็ก็็็็็

Ratings:
    +30,599
    Welcome to the hub.
    Come join us in the daily thread as most tend to not wander far from it. Feel free to ask questions and join in on the daily banter. Things open up a bit more once you get to 1000 approved hits followed by some requesters that use the 5000 approved qual. Rarely do we see a requester that uses the 10000 approved hits but it happens every once and awhile.
    [​IMG]

7. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    I've seek 50k approved as a qual but they have to use the API to do that I think.

8. Epictetus

Epictetus Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,108
    Yeah, I think a lot of people on here don't notice the large number of HITs that have N>x quals because they're so far past x.

Besides making some money, having a purpose, a reason to get out of bed, will help with your physical and mental health because it's easy to slip into depression when dealing with protracted medical problems.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.