I think it's time to commit :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Poodai, Nov 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poodai

Poodai New Turker

Ratings:
    +13
    I've been reading too many books. Lots of videos of how to be successful. I haven't taken any steps towards this because really, I've just been looking at how I could instantly feel better.

I've been Turking for about 10 days now, and I've made about $60. It's a pretty penny in my eyes, cause I've only spent money online and this would be the first time I've actually made something enough to buy me meals with.

I'm at my 500 hits approved point, and I'm really excited to see how much more of this I can do. I realize this shouldn't be an alone thing, as I discovered some truly great help from this forum and it improved my Turking ability quite a bit.

My goal is to depend on this as if it were my only job, (I'm sure I can do other jobs, if it weren't for my meddling depression) as I keep moving around Asia to keep my cost of living low.

Some questions for you guys that have been doing this for a while: What skill sets are more in demand for more expensive hits? When I read about people taking batches, I'm so amazed at how fast they are able to get these hits done, what kind of work are they doing? How are they doing some things so efficiently?

I would like to check in with people as my therapist tells me I should be involved in communities that keep me going.

Thank you for keeping me going. Cheers!

2. GoldGuardian

GoldGuardian Black Order

Ratings:
    +16,743
  3. Jasper

Jasper Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +3,639
    Welcome to The Hub~

Enjoy your stay!

Come join us in the daily sometime~!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,140
    Welcome to this lively place!
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. Outer1

Outer1 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,992
    Welcome. As a US worker I can't give much advice because I know work out of the states is more limited, but keep checking the hits posted every day and do any that you can qualify for.

6. jessers

jessers Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +44,726
    Welcome!

The best thing you can do is play the field to figure out what you're best at and what works for you. Try different hits and different type of work, and you'll start crafting your own workflow, tailored to your specific strengths and weaknesses. Everyone ends up finding their "thing", you will too. :)

• Love Love x 2
  7. CheshireKitty

CheshireKitty Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,022
    [​IMG]

Hi :D I can't be much help yet, as I don't know much myself, but the people here are most definitely super welcoming and helpful. Even just observing and not really asking tons of questions, i've learned a lot.

I'm in the same boat you are, and definitely get how beneficial having people to talk to can be in keeping you going. I'm always around if you need someone to talk to, about turking or depression or just talk in general to keep yourself occupied! If there's any one thing in the world i'm good at, it's talking :emoji_joy:

• Love Love x 1
  8. latinkerbell1980

latinkerbell1980 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +278
    Welcome to TH!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Poodai

Poodai New Turker

Ratings:
    +13
    I've noticed some hits that I can't do, but my account is registered in California (Where I'm from, just living in Thailand at the moment ;) ) I could use my VPN, but maybe it would get me banned?

10. Outer1

Outer1 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,992
    Ummm I'd be very careful. If you registered your account in the US as far I know you aren't allowed to use it outside of the country. If you are showing work done in multiple countries it can get you banned.

• Like Like x 1
  11. lefty

lefty Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +49,005
    Just as an aside, when I was overseas on vacation I made very sure to only use my account from my home computer. YMMV

Also

[​IMG]

12. Poodai

Poodai New Turker

Ratings:
    +13
    Thank you for the warm welcomes, everyone! I will definitely be cautious about changing to different countries too frequently. I feel very happy that this community is so alive!

13. Celtic Lady

Celtic Lady Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,319
    Welcome to the Hub :)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. GreenMachine842

GreenMachine842 Moderator (⌐■_■)

Ratings:
    +13,816
    Welcome to TurkerHub you'll find lots of great and helpful people here. Hope to see you around the daily threads and feel free to ask any questions you might have there!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tripsa

Tripsa ก็็็็็ก็็็็็ก็็็็็ก็็็็็ก็็็็็ก็็็็็

Ratings:
    +30,599
    Welcome to the HUB! Come join us in the daily thread, join in on the "friendly" banter, feel free to ask questions and watch out for the polar bears that roam the forum.
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.