Lurking No More

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by LurkinNturkin, Mar 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LurkinNturkin

LurkinNturkin Active Turker

Ratings:
    +1,149
    I love concerts and music festivals. In fact, I was inspired to start turking years ago when I realized that a year's worth of quarter surveys could pay for quite a few shows. For my first yearish I was a very passive, reddit following turker. I knew the other forums existed but, to my fault, never spent too spend much time on them.

I hope to contribute to the board as much as I can going forward and am learning slowly but surely. I love this message board. I lurked, rarely participated, at a music festival board for 5+ years. During certain times of the year I'd read 100+ pages of posts a day trying to figure out who was going to headline that year. I never felt all that comfortable posting or asking questions on that board, though. There were awesome people there, but there were a lot of snobs and trolls, too.

You people, especially those who frequently post hits and help explain the scripts... are incredibly kind, patient, tolerable, funny, witty, ect. It amazes me how time and again you all answer many of the same questions and point folks in the right direction without any hesitation or sign of annoyance. This is a bunch of genuinely awesome, generous people.

Earlier this week I hit my long time goal of >10k hits with 0 rejects. I had ~6500 submitted hits and ~$800 less when I started on this board. I'm making a donation to thank you all.

Now, I came across this thread because after all of the A9's and Keith Jackson's last week my wrist feels like I'm getting carpel tunnel or something along those lines. I had to take a break from clicking and am going to learn more about the keyboard shortcuts and scripts this week.

Does anyone have a suggestion for the best/most comfortable mouse I can order to Turk?

Thank you all

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  2. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    Welcome :wave:

I am glad that you have been enjoying the forum and are deciding to join in the discussions. As you have probably figured out by now if you ever have a question feel free to ask and hopefully someone will be able to help you. :ay:

As far as the mouse goes.. it all depends on what you want as you will get a huge range of opinions. Personally I really like Logitech G600 because of the buttons on the side... but I have been using MMO style mice for years.

If that style of mouse looks interesting to you but want to see something besides logitech the Corsair Gaming SCIMITAR looks like it is built pretty well but it more expensive.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LurkinNturkin

Ratings:
    +1,149
    Do the buttons on the side help for Mturk?

4. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    It may be overkill but I use them whenever I would be using a numpad to do stuff like A9s ect

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  5. Celtic Lady

Celtic Lady Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +5,319
    Welcome to the forum :)

I have recurrent carpal tunnel in both my wrists but in my right one the worst. It's my mouse wrist and I found that switching to a vertical mouse helped a lot. I still have problems with it but not as much and my forearm muscles don't get as sore either. I use this one currently https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TJ4ZD28/?tag=thtv0f-20

but would also like to try one like this but they are so expensive. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004GXZ69W/?tag=thtv0f-20

And wearing one of these compression gloves + ice helps a lot. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Compression-Glove-Small-Medium/14264842

If your thumb and or index/middle finger get numb/tingly and your wrist feels swollen in the joint then that's an indication of carpal tunnel. If the pinky and ring finger feel numb/tingly that's often an indication of a pinched nerve in either the wrist, elbow or shoulder/neck. Ice is your friend, try and get your 'work station' set up as ergonomically as you can asap. You don't want to end up with a chronic issue.

• Like Like x 1
  6. NBadger

NBadger Mod of Cat Gifs

Ratings:
    +40,241
    I feel weird saying "welcome" since your joined dated is technically before mine, so I'll just stick to hi :D A pleasure to meet your acquaintance and I look forward to getting to know you better on the daily.

And to give some actual content to this otherwise low-quality greeting, I use these whenever I'm doing an excessive amount of typing and they're great for avoiding the dreaded tunnel of Carpel. 'Tis technically a mouse accessory, rather than an actual mouse, but useful nonetheless. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. LurkinNturkin

Ratings:
    +1,149
    Thanks for the advice everyone! This bad boy came in earlier this week and it's been worth the purchase so far. March Madness was the perfect time for a break and now I'm back at full strength. I can't thank you all enough for everything you do on this board!

IMG_0410.JPG

8. LurkinNturkin

Ratings:
    +1,149
  9. Vanyanka

Vanyanka I am extra special

Ratings:
    +4,003
    I'm pretty new here too but welcome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.