New In Town - I Need Help

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by DanielMokoena, Mar 26, 2022.

1. DanielMokoena

DanielMokoena New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi!

I am Daniel, from South Africa. I've been on MTurk for years but haven't been able to do any work. I haven't been granted an invitation and I would like to know what I need to do in order to be granted access to HITs.

Can someone please point me out to the relevant posts that may help? I am looking forward to learn a lot here.

• Like Like x 1
  2. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,208
    Welcome. Could you clarify. You have an account with Mturk and can log in? What do you see when you log in?

Most of the workers here tend to be from the US, but maybe someone who has been in your position will be able to chime in.

3. DanielMokoena

DanielMokoena New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    I do have an account, but every time I log in, I'm met by the 'unable to extend an invite to you' message. Is there a way around it?

4. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,208
    Okay, gotcha. Have you tried reaching out to Mturk directly to get the reason why?

5. DanielMokoena

DanielMokoena New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    That has never crossed my mind before. Thank you for the suggestion, I'll get onto it right away. :emoji_grin:

6. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,208
    Assuming that is sarcasm, but really, only Amazon can tell you why you were not invited. No one here can give you any "workarounds" to circumvent Amazon's decision process.