New - Looking to shadow someone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Kay Fran, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Kay Fran

Kay Fran New Turker

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi there! I’ve been on mTurk since 2017 but I just recently started researching how to use it effectively over the last week. Currently, I have 86 approved HITs, 27 pending, and a 98.86% approval rate (1 reject :/)

I am working on scanning all of the great documentation between here, slack, and Reddit. I’m not a great learning through written or auditory context. With that being said, I was wondering if there was anyone willing to schedule time to screenshare their set up with me so that I can really see the different tools and scripts in action. All of the info online is a bit overwhelming and I really just need a chance to ask real time questions with visuals. I catch on very quick, just a unique learning style.

also if there are instructional videos of prerecorded screenshares that would be helpful as well. I want to see the set up process and then view the tools working live (pandas, MTS, etc.).

thanks in advance!

• Like Like x 1
  2. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,166
    Welcome!

Unfortunately, don't have any videos to share, but hope you find what you are looking for. Depending on how savvy you are, some of the tools can be intuitive after you start using them. When I came back to turking, I started with Turk Guru, plus parts of MTS like HIT Tracker. Then I found the Daily thread on this forum and eventually switched to QBC. Speaking of the Daily, its a great place to find some decent HITs that may still be available, catch up on what's new, etcetera, etcetera, so while you are trying to figure this all out, you may want to camp there.