New to MTurk

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Evan Root, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Evan Root

Evan Root New Turker

Ratings:
    +3
    Hello, I am new to working on M-Turk. I am trying to see how much an hour I can get myself to on here. I understand this may take some time and I am willing to accept low hourly wages for a while, but from things I have read- you can really get your earnings up after 1,000, 2,000, HITs, etc.

Just so I know what to expect, how much are you guys earning, how much time do you spend per day, week, etc.? I want to have realistic expectations going into this and not disappoint myself or underachieve for that matter.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Hummingbirdee

Hummingbirdee Big Bird

Ratings:
    +115,701
  3. AMindAtTurk

AMindAtTurk Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +39,565
    [​IMG]
    I've been Turking for 2 years now and I mainly work M-F 7-3. I make about $35-50 during that shift sometimes more sometimes less. It really depends on what is posting during that time. It took me awhile to get up there but keep working on batches like A9s to get your numbers up and you'll have access to better paying stuff. Use the Turkerview reports you see us post and be selective with what requesters you do work with. It's important to get your numbers up but its equally important to keep your approval rating high. Feel free to ask us any questions you may have in the Daily thread. We're a relatively friendly bunch.

4. Pronewbi3

Pronewbi3 Survey Slinger TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +27,826
    Welcome to the forum. Like mentioned above hop over to the daily thread as it's where 90% of the talking is happening. You can pick up a ton of information just from reading and it's easy to ask questions. Earnings at the start will be low but it can slowly creep up as you get going and sort of get a workflow set up.

5. SUZYWAN72

SUZYWAN72 Active Turker

Ratings:
    +119
    Congrats on becoming an mturkey lol[​IMG]

SUZYWAN72

6. GingerMom2016

GingerMom2016 Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,899
  7. GingerMom2016

GingerMom2016 Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,899
    I turk for maybe four hours throughout the day and make about $30 a day. I usually only turk 5 days a week unless I make less than $30 on another day.