[Please Help!] Only 33 HIT Groups

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by CyberMats, Aug 20, 2019.

1. CyberMats

CyberMats New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello guys my name is Mats I want to earn some extra Money and found out about Amazon Mechanical Turk. I made an Account today and now I am waiting for my Account to get reviewed.

My Problem now is that I am from Germany and I can only find 33 HIT Groups that I am qualified for because of that.

How can I earn Money with that? :( I'm kinda sad.

Mats

2. dan

dan daelian

Ratings:
    +61,817
    Honestly, you probably won't have much luck on mturk as a non-US citizen. Someone may chime in and tell me I'm an idiot though.

Have you looked into clickworker? They're a german company that has "UHRS" HITs that you should look into.

• Like Like x 2
  3. t0nja

t0nja Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +7,236
    You will be on a probation for a minimum of 10 days, and will only be able to do a certain number of hits while on probation.

4. CyberMats

CyberMats New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    On Clickworker I only have 1 Task that works for me and I can do it every 40 days for 9 cents?

5. dan

dan daelian

Ratings:
    +61,817
    i think that UHRS is something that has a qualification test that gets reopened every so often. I know they're pretty responsive on facebook and through their traditional email channels. Clickworker may be able to answer whether or not you'll be able to do UHRS tasks.

• Like Like x 1
  6. CyberMats

CyberMats New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I sadly cant take the test its not getting showed

7. Mouse

Mouse New Turker

Ratings:
    +19
    German Turker here. Clickworker is a garbage fire and gets spammed by Pinterest. It also severely underpays on many jobs (currently f.e. a speech recording one with 24 short phrases and 12 cents (!) of pay).
    UHRS is okay once you do the qualification for it, though I was locked out several times for reasons unknown and its a pain in the ass to get back in.

As for MTurk, It is possible to earn (imho) decent money for a non-US worker, but you are never going to get close to US Workers - that's just a given. I have 10.000+ approved hits, 99%+ approval rate and the most I have earned so far is about 200 bucks a month. I prefer batches but also do green survey requesters.
    The key is a decent setup (good scripts, watcher management and imho at least 2 monitors) and lots of patience at the beginning since you are limited to pretty shit hits. Keep that rejection rate low, 99% approval is one of many qualifications that are used. Minimum amount of hits is another which is why, again, you will be limited to pretty shit hits for a long while.

Also, learning the basics of autohotkey is strongly recommended for some frequent requesters.
    The best earners here know how to script as well - I don't, so that definitely could increase earnings further.

For me, I'm at the computer all day anyway (can't work), so keeping the searcher running and jumping if anything comes up isn't a big deal for me. If you only turk in the evenings, obviously your earnings potential shrinks significantly.

Any Q's, feel free to ask.

• Like Like x 1
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  8. CyberMats

CyberMats New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for your answer, I am currently limited to Clickworker because I'm still waiting to get accepted on AmazonMTurk. Could you tell me how long it took or what you did to be able to take the UHRS test?

Thank you

9. Mouse

Mouse New Turker

Ratings:
    +19
    I got into Turking years ago, so I didn't have any issues being accepted / didn't have any wait time at all, to be honest. As the worker crowd grew, Amazon got more selective. Unfair and all that, but that's the way it is.
    UHRS is accessible via a Qualification on clickworker - if you don't see it, message support about it.

10. CyberMats

CyberMats New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you, I already wrote them an Email about it yesterday. I hope they will answer me today..