Panda Power

Discussion in 'mTurk Scripts & Resources' started by Eisenpower, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Eisenpower

Eisenpower Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +11,870
    Buckle in -- this is not quick.

First, I must say how grateful I am to the TurkerHub/TurkerView community. When I first joined 3 years back, I had no idea that my life would go down this path, and I'm so glad that this was the place I decided to settle in when I was looking for an MTurk forum to learn more about the platform. So many people I met here have shaped my progress in ways I am eternally grateful for, and plenty who have shaped the subject of this very post. None of this would exist without you all, and I cannot proceed without acknowledging that. Thank you so much!:ba:

Introducing Panda Power
    So, I've been working on my own app for MTurk for some time and I'm finally ready to do some outside testing. My app, Panda Power, currently has scrape functions, panda functions, auto accept functions, tracking quals, earnings, and will have some of my own productivity scripts and other stuff down the line.

Before we get further, I must say this will be a commercial app. I think that will end up creating a good balance between me having more time to put into it's development and not creating a new bottom requirement for competing on MTurk. The focus here is to maximize your free time to do things outside of MTurk without worrying about missing HITs you care about. The main problem I've tried to fix in my own journey is not just maximizing my rewards as a worker, but to give myself the tools to cut down on time spent searching, time spent reading reviews or returning bad HITs, time spent staring at a screen of constantly changing HITs trying to be the first to grab something worth my time. I don't think many of us enjoy feeling tethered to the platform while the amount of good work is unstable minute to minute. Waiting around for work should not be as much of a job as the actual work, in my opinion. So, I figured this is something I probably shouldn't hog all to myself. :nono:

I'm starting out this first test group at a $5 monthly subscription. This subscription will give you access to the app as well as to the private Discord server where you'll be able to access to discussions about the app and MTurk, productivity scripts, and other useful things we'll end up talking about. The price will never be at this level again, and it is limited to the first 5 people (4 spots remain available) who inbox me and sign up for a subscription to use Panda Power.

:pandahead:

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • WOW WOW x 1
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2019