Posting Guidelines For Scripts & Resources

Discussion in 'mTurk Scripts & Resources' started by ChrisTurk, Nov 21, 2016.

1. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Hey guys!

So, we all know how it goes, A9 drops and the inevitable avalanche of "script?? script??" comes flooding in.

Hopefully some front-end organization can help allay the issue, so we're going to try some things.

First of all, this forum has "Thread Prefixes" that can be selected - right now they are "Script", "Browser Extension", and "Resource." Please try to categorize your thread/post as one of the above, although if you feel like it doesn't fit into any of the three categories (are you sure it doesn't belong in the general help section as a guide?) please post it untagged and give me a reply here so I can try to find a prefix that works.

And finally, if you're planning on posting a script on the daily work thread, or if you have a repo on GreasyFork (or similar site) please also create a thread here showcasing your work (and maybe attaching a quick "how-to" or "demo" of functionality) to help better index stuff for newer users who may not be used to searching for stuff on their own yet.

I will likely be creating threads for folks who aren't doing this and possibly assigning you ownership of the thread to properly credit for your work.. So if that happens don't freak out, its a good thing :)

In the future I'm going to look into providing compensation for users who generate content, especially in this section, because anyone who has written a script or two for public consumption knows how it is ;)

• Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 3
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  2. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    I'm not sure what to tag my thread as. :dunno:

Edit: This is assuming my thread was in the right section even.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016