Prime Opinion. Worth it or not.

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by Gary Hess, Oct 26, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Gary Hess

Gary Hess Turker

Ratings:
    +65
    I may be late to the party, but I was recently made aware of a site called Prime Opinion. They were conducting a survey on Prolific that was an obvious attempt to lure workers to their site. So I went and signed up, and tried it out, and thought it might help others to decide whether or not this site is good for them. SPOILER: I think it's a scam.

They offer a better workflow and pay for the worker. This is not true in my experience. These surveys, and pay, are extremely manipulative. First, there are no pre-quals. You have to qualify for every survey one at a time. To find one that you actually will qualify for will take time. My first survey was advertised for 37 points (which is 37 cents) for 1 min. I started the survey and was bounced to a second survey, completed that survey, and then redirected to the first survey, which hadn't even begun yet. I was already 4mins in. My second attempt was a 10-minute survey for 76 points. I passed qualifying and completed the survey in 8 mins. I received a completion message and was redirected to Prime only to learn the requester claimed I wasn't qualified after the survey was completed and denied payment.

This site is a very bad copy of Swagbucks, only with more scams and less to offer. This is just my opinion, but I hope it saves some of you from wasting too much time on this site.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Jane Doe

Jane Doe Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +2,356
    I totally avoided that because of "Prime" in their name. Reminded me of Prime Research Solutions LLC, which is the actual name behind Turkprime aka CloudResearch aka Connect. No thank you! But thanks for confirming they're a waste of time.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2023
  3. Lala

Lala Active Turker

Ratings:
    +606
    Idk, I made $10 on the first day and cashed out instantly. I'll look more into it.

• Like Like x 3
    • 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 1
  4. SCOTTM

SCOTTM Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +1,542
    I made $70 in my first week. They were qualifying me for more high paying surveys including doing a Zoom interview for $35 Amazon Gift Certificate.
    Since then all downhill. Make about $5 a week now. Only do it when Prolific, Cloud Connect, UserTesting, and Mturk are super slow.

• Like Like x 3
  5. KelKoval78

KelKoval78 Turker

Ratings:
    +77
    I joined Prime Opinion and have been a member for a couple months and I've made REALLY good money to be honest with you. My experience it's not like a typical everyday rerouting piece of crap survey site lol at least from my experience. I'm not saying you don't get disqualified or rerouted but it's just not as much as typically I've experienced. There are some bad days where like this weekend it was just horrible so I just gave that up. It seems to be better the next day but one thing for sure is they are not a scam. I've made really good money on that website plus you get paid out immediately as soon as you finish the survey it's credited to your account Which is displayed on your screen. Also cash out as soon as you hit $5 or $10 I cannot remember exactly off hand. But in the last week I've cashed out at $75 and have another $35 I haven't cashed in yet cuz I was saving it and I haven't really messed with it besides this weekend. They have leader boards and stuff like that and they try to make it fun where you win prizes And bonus points which is money credited to your account balance and stuff. So no they're not a scam. They might go about getting Participants in a spam or offhanded way( I'm not sure exactly what to call that) but this website is legitimate.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Wfrty13

Wfrty13 Turker

Ratings:
    +13

7. Wfrty13

Wfrty13 Turker

Ratings:
    +13
    I just looked at Prime Option. They want your full birth date. Are people comfortable with that? (I mean, I know they must be!)

8. Wfrty13

Wfrty13 Turker

Ratings:
    +13
    So I ended up doing Prime Opinion. I don't qualify for a lot of surveys, but I do get some here and there. I opted for the 2500 point option. I made it to 1000 fairly quick, but with my occasional use of Prime Opinion, it might take another two weeks to get to 2500 (800 points to go). On MTurk, I mostly do the oinga surveys (out of the group of three that have a large number of HITs); ooinga is fairly consistent, but I think Prime Opinion is a better payout (for surveys only). Still waiting to land higher dollar MTurk surveys though, so can't compare that aspect.

• Like Like x 1
  9. KelKoval78

KelKoval78 Turker

Ratings:
    +77
    Didn't ask anything out of the ordinary that I normally wouldn't provide on any survey platform. I still agree with what I said I think it's good I mean it depends on your demographics and stuff I guess too and I've had bad days on there and I've had good days.. But honestly maybe try on a different day because I've had bad days on there too but it's better than making nothing. there have been days on there that I have made three times as much as I have on Mturk. So hopefully you have better luck next time.

10. cheber5088

cheber5088 New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    will give it a try