Question about QBC & Surveys

Discussion in 'mTurk Scripts & Resources' started by ellie_v, Jan 27, 2022.

Tags:
  1. ellie_v

ellie_v New Turker

Ratings:
    +3
    hi! I was just wondering if anyone can help me with this QBC issue;
    whenever surveys are posted in a 'batch' forum it'll accept like 15-20 at a time instead of just 1; is there a setting to fix that?

Also, how many PRE's is acceptable? It seems like I never get under 2%, don't wanna mess anything up.
    thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,178
    What type of Pandas is QBC creating? TV Watchers? RIDs?

TV Watchers should catch only 1 as it automatically adds a Max 1 to the Panda. Sometimes, QBC will get overzealous and catch 2, but 15-20 is a bit excessive. It's not uncommon though. It's been brought up this week in the Daily and I have also had it happen to me on occasion, usually with Empirical Jury. As CT says, its better that it caught all of them, then none at all.

If it is a RID, check your watchers and add Max 1.

If QBC is running as normal, it will constantly be adding and removing Pandas on its own. You do not need to pay attention to the PRE's number unless you have several continuously active Pandas running at one time, usually grouped under None.

upload_2022-1-27_14-16-57.png

upload_2022-1-27_14-17-32.png

3. ellie_v

ellie_v New Turker

Ratings:
    +3
    ty for the reply!
    yeah, it's happening with TV watches - actually just happened with the jury hits yesterday(only catching about 3 though) haha. the smaller surveys that kind of sit around for a few - it'll catch a lot of those (say the 30 cent ones)
    thanks so much! i'm going to make sure everythings set properly.

• Like Like x 2
  4. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,178
    If the problem lies with just TV Watchers, you should be good. Not that you need to, but you could set up an RID for Empirical Jury and set Max 1. In theory, the RID should trigger instead of a TV Watcher. This of course would mean that you would catch all future Empirical Jury HITs as long as the RID is active, even if say your active TV Watchers were set up to exclude HITs that fall within the Empirical Jury range.

5. Sekardinesh18

Sekardinesh18 New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    How to get Quebicle?

6. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,178