[Recruitment] Paid Interview Opportunity

Discussion in 'Requesters' started by ChrisTurk, Feb 21, 2020.

1. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Ms. Loebell got in touch with me through Six, one of TO's admins. I've already expressed my personal distaste for previous journalistic articles on MTurk with her, and she's honestly been pretty chill about the whole conversation. Plus, this is a paid opportunity so I'm sharing it here on her behalf as requested.

I do not, in any way, endorse this project nor am I participating in it at this time. I'm not collaborating or yadda yadda, simply relaying information. I'm sorry to add this addendum, but it's come to my attention that previous interviewers have actually claimed that I was fully collaborating on their work to interviewees, despite that being completely false so fair warning I have no clue what this will end up being but hey, $20 :p

---------------------------------

Her recruitment ad:

My name is Irene Loebell; I’m a Swiss filmmaker working on a cinema documentary on platform work in different parts of the world, including the USA. My film will provide a close insight into remote platform work from the workers' perspective.

I’m looking for Turkers living in the USA who earn a vital portion of their income from MTurk and/or other online platforms to collaborate with me on this film.

By collaboration, I mean:

I want to talk to you about your work, over phone or Skype, with or without video depending on your preference. The purpose of these conversations is to get an extensive insight into turking, one that goes beyond what media commonly report. The information Turkers share with me in this first phase of my research will be used to help me better understand what it means to be a Turker. In my documentary, I will not use any of this specific information, nor names, or other personal details from these conversations without your permission.

This conversation will last from half an hour to an hour or longer, depending on how much you want to share. For your collaboration, I will compensate you with $20 per hour. (10$ for the first half hour; 5$ per every following quarter of an hour or part thereof.) Payments will be made through PayPal or alike.

There will be two more phases--including the possibility of participating in the film--that can be discussed more at length. (Only the first phase will be compensated as mentioned above.)

I will not do anything that could compromise or endanger the work situation of the participants and will respect everything that you demand in this regard.

I look forward to this collaboration; please contact me via e-mail at iloebell@access.ch. We can then schedule a convenient time for our conversation, and I will gladly provide you with more detailed information.

Thank you for your attention!
    Irene Loebell

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 6
    • LOL LOL x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. A6_Foul_Out

A6_Foul_Out Organic Meme Panda TurkerView Masters

Ratings:
    +23,954
    [​IMG]

• 5/5 Pay 5/5 Pay x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. morweeg

morweeg Triple Double Certified Organic Batch Master

Ratings:
    +54,131
    I'm copy pasting my thing from the daily here

"IMO, if you're offended by people who possess certain journalistic qualities writing clickbait garbage articles about Mechanical Turk and want the opportunity to steal an interview slot that will likely be taken by the [CT says we can't bully this guy] or [This guy also isn't allowed to be bullied]'s of the turking community, go right ahead."

• Like Like x 1
  4. angel

angel Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +28,535
    here we go again