Requester Review before 1000 HIT's

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by BurtTurker, Feb 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. BurtTurker

BurtTurker New Turker

Ratings:
    +16
    edit: heard back from the requester, I took the survey twice... all is good

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  2. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    I wasn't aware of a 1k hit limit for turkerview. Posting in the daily thread will likely get people to actually see it though... barely anyone reads threads outside of the daily.

3. BurtTurker

BurtTurker New Turker

Ratings:
    +16
    edited the post, turns out I took the hit twice? wish there was a way to avoid that and not incur the rejection.

4. BurtTurker

BurtTurker New Turker

Ratings:
    +16
    I took the hit four days ago... not sure how I'm supposed to remember that.

5. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    Hey bud, have you checked out mTurk Suite? Its a Chrome extension that has something called "HIT Tracker" which will keep a database of all your completed HITs and show you work you've done for a Requester in the past. It helps avoid stuff like this.

Should be www.mturksuite.com or just google it and it'll come up pretty quick. The author is @Kadauchi who is usually pretty easy to get a hold of and has been maintaining it for a long time now.

6. BurtTurker

BurtTurker New Turker

Ratings:
    +16
    Yep, using it, LOVE IT. As it turns out this was actually the fault of the Requester. She's new to the platform (as am I) and had launched what appeared to be a completely different (new) survey (diff HIT number etc). She was treating it as a continuation of the first one and rejected anyone who participated in the first. I reached out to her and explained how that impacts our ratings etc, she was very surprised, understanding and apologetic. I knew I had done one for her a few days prior but I've taken so many that are similar it didn't really hit me it was exactly the same as the first or I would have returned it. I honestly thought maybe she was tracking a change in responses. Not a huge deal, probably just some of the risks we take when dealing with brand new Requesters.

mturk Suite really is the bomb. the only thing I wish it had was a Que warning like Panda Crazy does. Great project though, will def be donating to the cause on that one.

• Love Love x 2