Script for Firefox?

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by SadPanda, Dec 22, 2017.

1. SadPanda

SadPanda New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Good morning,

I'm new-ish to mturk (about 200 hits total) and had just figured out Hit Database when Amazon changed everything and broke the script. I've lurked a little on here and know *of* other scripts but not what all they do, and descriptions on some of them are very vague. Could someone please let me know which other ones will keep track of what hits I've already done, and will also block requesters I don't want? I'm using Firefox 56 and Greasemonkey since Chrome runs like frozen ketchup on this old crap-top computer of mine, so that seems to knock out a lot of possibilities.

2. CorvusSapiens

CorvusSapiens Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +9,895
    Welcome!

I don't think anything is currently working to replace hit db. Mturk Suite ( a chrome extension, not available on firefox sorry) contains a number of useful scripts and should soon have a feature that will accomplish about the same thing as hit db. I've heard some rumors that some other people may be working on replacements but I don't know of anything for certain yet.

Scripts like Hit Scraper and Hit Finder are used to sort hits on mturk. They run searches on a timer and display what they've found. They also contain filters that you can set, including blocking certain requesters from showing up.

Hit Finder is part of Mturk Suite but there are some stand alone versions available on greasyfork. The best currently seems to be Hit Forker ( https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/36368-hit-forker ) which was modified from the original version by another member here.

I've heard there may be some problems with the most recent version of Firefox and greasemonkey that impact some scripts. I don't know the details, but if you have problems you may want to try out tampermonkey for firefox to host scripts instead.

3. SadPanda

SadPanda New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you! I'll try those.

4. SadPanda

SadPanda New Turker

Ratings:
    +0
    Just an update: Hit Forker runs perfectly on this version of Firefox.
    Thanks again, CorvusSapiens :)