[Solved] Shortest HITs?

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by lZzEzZl, May 18, 2020.

1. lZzEzZl

lZzEzZl Turker

Ratings:
    +80
    I'm new (300 HITs done) and trying to hit 1k ASAP.

Any suggestions on scripts or clever ways of finding HITs that can be completed in a less than a minute each? Pay doesn't matter since I'm just trying to get my numbers up. Searching by lowest pay has been a crap shoot, since some of those still take forever anyway.

edit: Or, do you know any requesters that put out quick batches I can PANDA for?

2. Gerbilreaper

Gerbilreaper Active Turker

Ratings:
    +1,291
    First off, Welcome! It's a somewhat long road through the early hits and it's not gonna feel worth it half the time, but it gets better (as you know since you're aiming for that first 1k.)

My suggestion is to hit up MLDataLabeler (requester id: A3OO8KUVWDSZPV). I think there's a qual hit to start doing them iirc, but each hit takes a few seconds. Just 'What is this picture of' basically. 2-3 seconds a hit and they generally pay 1-3 cents. It's worth noting that the requester has 3-4 accounts under the same name so they actually have several requester ID's I believe. I found them invaluable for raising numbers fast once I got started on them. The post often enough that i've done anywhere between a few dozen and a hundred in a day before.

I wish I could send you the qual link, but I don't have it. It might be on qualifeye though. On the subject of quals and qualifeye:

https://turkerview.com/qualifeye/

If you weren't already aware, this site has a qual watcher. Check there often to make sure you're qualified for everything you can be. More quals = more hits and it's an important step to be caught up on once you pass that 1000 anyway.

Lastly, I suggest hanging out in the daily threads of your aren't already. People post hits there all day and more importantly it acts as a sort of water cooler for people on the site, allowing you to feel less like you're plugging away alone in front of your desk.

Happy Turking my friend!

Edit: It's always worth noting that I've never had them reject, but they ARE slow to approve compared to some other work.

• Like Like x 1
  3. lZzEzZl

lZzEzZl Turker

Ratings:
    +80
    Thank you! Absolutely more than I could have hoped for here.

I just added MLDL to my PANDAs, and honestly I wondered almost every day what that "qualifeye" tab was. I was manually clicking each HIT I wasn't qualified for and seeing if they had a test for me. Qualifeye looks so much better.

The daily threads are pretty hilarious to scroll through too. That's one thing I have already been digging my nose into.

Thanks again Gerb. Great info.

4. emamaya

emamaya Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +5,405
    I will add on to this to say to avoid A9. They post thousands of easy hits but they have been mass rejecting lately.

• Like Like x 1