[Resource] SoundWire

Discussion in 'mTurk Scripts & Resources' started by Randomacts, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Randomacts

Randomacts Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +124,073
    With the TTS (Text To Speech) being added to scripts it is now possible to passively watch for hits with just audio. Now if you are anything like me while I don't leave the house as often as I should I do often cook and watch anime on my big tv with my brother so I'm not always at my computer. To put it simply I use Soundwire to send the audio from my computer to my android phone.

I also actually use this for when I take a nap I can be woken up and I just listen to what batch goes up so I know if it is worth rolling out of bed for.

*SoundWire (free) (See more info about the free version below)
    SoundWire Paid ($3.99)
    Soundwire Server

The server interface on windows is fairly simple and you should be able to figure it out.

[​IMG]

For more information see the user's guide at http://georgielabs.net/SoundWireHelp.html

*The free version of the application identifies itself by voice every 45 minutes and displays ads. There is a 10 minute compression trial in the free version. The full version enables unlimited Opus audio compression, can handle multiple clients, and has no ads or voice identification. It also has a special Pro Mode to set and display buffer latency precisely in milliseconds. Please consider purchasing the full version of SoundWire if you'd like to support the developer.

Note: This app will drain the battery on your phone for obvious reasons with it keeping your phone awake but with your screen off it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

If anyone has any questions about it that I failed to explain with my poorly written post please ask and I'll try to respond. This is not my program but I have been using it since I started using overwatch with TTS alerts.

tl;dr I use this to send audio from my pc to my phone while on the same network. (I also use it while I take naps)

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 8
  2. Saqfish

Saqfish Active Turker

Ratings:
    +557
    That's pretty interesting. There are other ways of doing this for free but it requires a bit of more technical work.