Still a reject

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by Yeti, Sep 22, 2021.

1. Yeti

Yeti Active Turker

Ratings:
    +514
    I am having problems getting back on the horse...:emoji_fearful: I look at every requester with a magnifying glass and anything that is negative (even if the spelling or grammar is wrong...nah just kidding) causes me to doubt whether I should work it or not. So I haven't done any hits! Shocking! All drama aside it takes trust between both parties to continue to work hits... I lost a little bit. Anyone else feel like this? Is it normal to get unfair rejections? because my requester basically lied to me saying he would remove the rejection after 48 hours. :emoji_confused:.

• Like Like x 1
  2. billy

billy Active Turker

Ratings:
    +544
    Just move on, it is all you can do. If a single reject is going to stress you out, mturk might not be right for you. You can only control what you can control, so do good work and read all instructions. If you don't understand the hit, return it. When you have a few hundred thousand hits under your belt, a rejection will not matter.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yeti

Yeti Active Turker

Ratings:
    +514
    Hi billy, so most of what I said was a joke to be funny. Mostly I just wanted to know if others had rejections. I do intend to move on but I plan on being more cautious. Thanks for the reply.

• Like Like x 1
  4. j0sh83

j0sh83 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +8,082
    Your first rejection always sucks, but it was inevitable. The only thing it will do is hurt your pride and ruin that perfect streak you had. Nearly every requester requires a 99% approval rating or lower. Don't be afraid to jump back on the horse. There is plenty of money to be made for those of us at 99% :emoji_grinning:

• Like Like x 1