The post about Pandas, and a related question

Discussion in 'Help & Guides' started by Katlady, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Katlady

Katlady Well-Known Turker

Ratings:
    +2,203
    Awhile back on here I saw there was an old timer post of making the most of which ever panda thing you used. Now I can't find it. But I use Hit Capture, run about 7 at a time, and 1 second apart. I don't get PREs, but I also don't get work. It's about a $100 drop in the month, but with more time spent. By now, there are plenty of studies that I've done in the past, but nothing that would cause me to lose more than $50/month.
    And I'm also noticing that I'm rarely able to collect high dollar studies now. I panda them, they never collect. I am clearly missing something fancy. But I get that the fancy folks deserve what they earn.
    Perhaps on a mind mush day I should hold my questions, but I wasn't sure if there were any other changes that could help me. I can only do batches on days where my brain works, and that's not the fault of requesters.

2. TheNerdyAnarchist

TheNerdyAnarchist Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +4,680
    I'm by no means an expert, but my suggestion would be to lower the number of PANDAs you have running at once. Personally, I'd say no more than 3 at a time.

• Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  3. ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk Administrator

Ratings:
    +162,927
    This is the most important step, as well as clearing out pandas that no longer have any hope of catching. Which is anything that has gone a full round between posting/expiration.

So if a study has a 1hr duration, the panda should be turned off after 1hr & 5-10min, max.

• Like Like x 1
    • Today I Learned Today I Learned x 1
  4. Katlady

Ratings:
    +2,203
    Wow, okay. Thank you. The math on that was never something I had considered.

5. Katlady

Ratings:
    +2,203
    I'm baack! With another question about timing. I have caught some some studies that were posted in the morning, but then went back up around 4ish. So I thought I should be hanging onto them. I stopped try to collect anything under $2 on HIT Catcher until I wasn't picking up any work.

If I turn them off, I won't be able to catch them on the flipside. I will make this experiment week, and see what happens. Thanks for all of the help.